Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone have exerience with wireless thermostats ?

Options
ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
I am working on selling a Tekmar TN4 system to a church and the other quote they have is for system that uses wireless and will not require rewiring. I have been told that most larger players are moving away from wireless and would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Scott Milne

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Hey stranger!!

Good to see your smiling words here on The Wall. Tell Chris to get his butt over here too :-)

To the best of my knowledge, wireless thermostat have been upgraded substantially since the days of yore, when your neighbor hit his garage door opener and caused your cooling system to turn on in the middle of the winter.

Wirsba (Uponher) has a wireless system out that I have never used.

There is also another option called X10, which uses the power lines for communication. I heard about problems with them a while back, but my brother has successfully applied them since then.

Don't be a stranger!

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Larry Schwartz
    Larry Schwartz Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Fossil Fuel

We have a wireless sytem from Honeywell.  It was bought last year .  We just found out the stat will not work for fossil fuel.  Had to obtain a newer stat.  If using stat TH6320R1004 make sure its fossil fuel compatible.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,628
    Options
    I have not seen anything

in actual use but have sat in on Honeywell wireless training sessions and they seem to be what will perhaps be the future in control options. I have heard the early stories of outside interference with older systems but reports have been good on Honeywell systems so far.

Good to hear from you here on the Wall my good friend. We need to connect up sometime.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks guys ... I wanted to get some feed back. From the pro's.

I don't think I am ready to jump in with both feet just yet on this.

I'll try and not be such a stranger.

Scott
  • MarkPFalade
    MarkPFalade Member Posts: 68
    Options
    First one...

I just installed my first of the Honeywell system. Very easy install and no hiccups to speak of. I thought I'd screwed it up but I was wrong! ;-)

I assume it is running fine as I have not heard otherwise. If anyone has a horror story about them I'd love to hear it.
  • Theealchemist
    Theealchemist Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Anyone have exerience with wireless thermostats ?

We have used Uponor's new Wireless T-stats with a Tekmar boiler control.  The General forgot to call us for low voltage wiring and buttoned up the Sheetrock.  We solved the problem without hacking into newly painted walls. 
This discussion has been closed.