Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laars Neotherm 285...what do you think?

PG2448
PG2448 Member Posts: 5
Men;

I asked about the aluminum heat exchangers in the Weil McLain boiler for our church and we are looking elsewhere for high efficiency.

We have been bid 2-Laars Neotherm 285 boilers 95.7 % Eff.  What are your thoughts and experience with them?  I like cast iron better but we cannot get the efficiencies with the CI units.  We must make a decision ASAP so need any and all thoughts and experience we can get on this matter.

It has a stainless steel heat exchanger and burner with a 12 year enchanger warranty.  What are your thoughts.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    If you want Condensing with

Cast Iron, look into the Ray it is a Mod/Con with cast iron heat exchanger. The Ray can be tandem with another Ray for higher input.

If you need high input then the KN series from Mestek the same folks who make the Ray.

The Laars units are also good units.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    As I stated in a Previous

thread about this job. Take a look at the Viessmann Vitodens. It will give you everything you need for this job and a better warranty. Viessmann has a great commerical program where they can take your customers last years fuel bills and give them the savings they can give them with their boiler. The boiler has alot to offer your customer.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Tim McElwain
    PG2448

I sent you an e-mail, I have some info on the Laars unit if you are still interested.
  • PG2448
    PG2448 Member Posts: 5
    Would like Larrs info

Thanks for the offer, would love the info.  Did you send to my gmail account?  It is pretty aggressive with the spam.  Will go into the spam and take a look for it. Sorry if I did not get it.
  • Tim McElwain
    That was almost

a month ago. I handle a couple hundred e-mails a week so i will have to go back and look for what I sent you. Contact me at gastc@cox.net so we can connect up.
This discussion has been closed.