Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water valve question - never saw this

Tony Shupenko
Tony Shupenko Member Posts: 54
Looked at a home yesterday (modular) with the oddest shut-off valve on the toilets (can hook up a hose). The valve had "Arko" printed with a "C" above the Arko. Research found a company in India (another one in Poland) with this name that makes valves.

At any rate, why would this valve be installed - I am at a loss.

Comments

• John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    That's a new one on me....

....but maybe the valves were installed to facilitate "winterizing" the houses????? Just a guess!
  • robert griggs
    robert griggs Member Posts: 65
    bidet

It was probably some type of home made bidet faucet.
  • Tony Shupenko
    Tony Shupenko Member Posts: 54

In a sense, I am glad you are just as confused (thought I was off my hinges). Maybe this facilitated washdown of the bathroom (heck with scrubbing bubbles!), though there were no floor drains :)

Home was only about 11 years old.
  • Have seen similar

rig-ups for bidet usage,, not very sanitary & I would think a little nippy on the jewels!

Dave
  • bob_46
    bob_46 Member Posts: 813
    Salts

The owner takes salts. Summer-salts. He has to hose the place down every time he uses it.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    looks like

the two supply lines were too short, and that mess was the first thing his hands rested upon. Sure hope it is removed, or capped off. peace
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    valve?

Going waaay out on a limb here, but what about feeding hot water through it and tempering the water so the tank doesn't sweat. Or, what if they had a well and only used it for the toilet(s) because the water wasn't potable.
  • JK_3
    JK_3 Member Posts: 240
    could be

I had installed her a customer one time a bathtub accessory chair for handicapped persons that raised up using water pressure. It was connected by a hose from the valve to that chair and when the valve was opened the chair raised up to assist the person getting in and out of the bathtub. I don't recall the markings on the valve but it was a similar design with a large handle for easy operation.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.