Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Billy Mays

George J.
George J. Member Posts: 25
Ive been watching the marathon thats on right now on discovery channel. I never really paid much attention to him. He seemed to be in good shape. It's scary. Here today gone tommorow.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=329&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Billy Mays RIP

Is this a weird week or what?

Love him or hate him, he was giving it 100%.

Personally, I kind of liked seeing him hawk the latest and greatest. I met him about 10 years ago when I was doing a home show, and he was Oxycleaning it up in his booth down the hall.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,147
    You know

he occasionaly drove me nuts, but doggone it, I'm going to miss him!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 457

News reports say he was on plane that had an emergency landing in Tampa yesteday and hit his head. He was way to young to die. Rest in Peace and God speed.
  • Big Bob_2
    Big Bob_2 Member Posts: 24

I thought he should have run for president, he had something to solve every problem
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    suspect?

I heard they are questioning a guy known only as "Vince" after a bloody sham wow and slap chop were found next to the body.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

Heart disease....

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,399
    the media marketing creation man

Of course, I feel bad that the man has passed. God bless him. However, I wonder where he came from, when he was "created" and what his background was...I don't watch much tv, but it seems that he BURST on to the scene just a few years ago and was this "expert" we are all supposed to know and trust. I hope someone does a bio on him....was he supposed to be a Bob Vila of sorts??? Mad dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • bb_11
    bb_11 Member Posts: 39
    he was,

a Pitchman at county and state fairs for many years. He then moved onto on of the shopping channels that is based out of Florida.

Then he went onto 2 minute commercials to pitch a lot of products like OxiClean, and the mighty auger.

He seemed to be a good person and liked to help the little guy succeed. Of course he benefited as well, but that's only fair.

I heard an interview from his ex-wife the other day and she only had nice things to say about him.

I missed the last episode due to a power failure. funny thing the DVR does not record w/o power. :(
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 457

He started hawking products on the Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk years ago. He did most of his infomercials about an hour from my house in West Chester, Pa.
This discussion has been closed.