Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

low water cutoff

Jamie Hall
Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,149
if you're a belt and braces sort of chap, like me, you have a low water cutoff with automatic reset, probably linked to the auto fill, and a second one, set lower -- like right at the bottom of the glass -- with a manual reset. Probably not needed on a small residential boiler, but... and on a larger boiler, capable of launching the whole structure into low orbit, not such a bad idea perhaps...
Br. Jamie, osb
Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England

Comments

• heatguy
    heatguy Member Posts: 102
    low water cutoff

have a site where they (code officals)want a testable low water cut-off is a low water cut-off like the ps 851 with test button fill this requirement,and should i use the manual reset type to make inspector happy or is this not required. thanks in advance.
  • manual reset

Depends where you use it.
    I heard of a plumber using one in a residence,,, unfortunately this had the characteristic of opening the burner circuit if the power flickered-off for a few seconds and staying that way.
    Well, one weekend the homeowner was away,,, you can guess the rest! ;-)

Because of this scenario I use automatic reset with a test button in a residence.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.