Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hot water boilers

jane_4
jane_4 Member Posts: 2
Our 23 yr old Penzotti boiler needs to be replaced. It is under a full service (replacement) contract and the fuel company wants to replace it with a Trio PurePro. Is this a good boiler or are they just trying to get out as inexpensively as they can? We live in Maine (cold winters)and have an 80 year old home with 4 heating zones, if that is relevant. Many thanks.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,931
    Mario

Not sure about the me Trio. Sorry .. Can I ask what went wrong with your Penzotti ... I use to install Penzittis before they went away ...I did not expect them to go bad ....

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    New boiler

Jane, I am in Maine (Portland Area) and I can't say that I have ever heard of this unit. If you would like, contact me directly via e-mail and I will be glad to look into it for you.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,357

Jane it is a nice boiler. well made and efficient. They are a reasonable price but not a cheap made boiler. They are sold through F.W. Webb wholesalers. You can do a search as before I started installing them I asked on the wall too.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • kpc_74
    kpc_74 Member Posts: 14
    really...

first I have heard of a Pensotti going down. What happened?Trio is fine. The installer is just as important as the boiler... get references.
  • John@Reliable_23
    John@Reliable_23 Member Posts: 4
    Nice little boiler..................

Al and Jane,
    It's a re badged Biasi/Solaia three pass boiler. This one Trio is again re badged for Webb, I have installed a few with great results. John@Reliable PS Al hows retirement lol
  • jane_4
    jane_4 Member Posts: 2

thank you for all your responses. As far as the Pensotti goes, apparently there was a failure of one of the welded sections within the furnace resulting in a leakage of combustible gas.This caused corrosion of the burner housing - the entire side just rusted through. The oil burner tech told us that this is the fourth Pensotti he's seen with the same problem.
  • PatsFan78
    PatsFan78 Member Posts: 2

Pensotti boilers are still available and in the market. They are based out of Maine. There current line is called the DK2 series and it is an efficient low-mass, triple-pass, Energy Star Rated, European style boiler. Very reliable.

Proper maintenance is the most important thing when it comes to your heating system. Ask around when deciding a service company, referrals are the best form of research.

good luck,
    Mike
    www.hitechheat.com
  • Bill Julian
    Bill Julian Member Posts: 162
    No Hot water flow

Just installed another zone ^ existing this makes 7 on a hot water boiler for a basement zone. I'm getting no circulation for some reason. The hot water will circulate when I use the fast fill but on its own it will not.
    I do have 2 U shaped turns (ceiling to floor) which could be causing the problem. The line seems to be purged of air wondering if a circulator on this basement zone will do the trick.
This discussion has been closed.