Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Roth heating pannels

Sol Hydronics
Sol Hydronics Member Posts: 41
I would like to see what people think about installing this product, the panels for radiant heat under manufactured hard woods. This will be my first job with this product since there seams to be a shortage of thermo board on the west coast right now. Thanks Mike

Comments

• Joe Billow_6
    Joe Billow_6 Member Posts: 69

I have used Roth. A very good product. Am going to use it in my home this fall.
  • troy_8
    troy_8 Member Posts: 109
    roth panels

I have found their panels to perform well. I've only used the thinner product that uses 3/8" tube.
  • Rob Blair
    Rob Blair Member Posts: 227
    I have used it on two Pergo jobs

Performed well.

Rob
  • Sol Hydronics
    Sol Hydronics Member Posts: 41
    Pergo and roth pannels

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. Using Pergo as a finish did you have to install a sheet of , like plywood over the roth panel? Thanks , Mike
  • scott markle_2
    scott markle_2 Member Posts: 611

nice product, perfect for the floating floor application. I used it with hardwood and had to rip the panels in half and instal nailers, this was a lot of work.

The product does not hold up well to construction traffic, especially if the plumbers resent you for getting the radiant work. The denting and lifted edges had no effect on this nailed job, but might have been problems for a floating floor.
  • Ron Gillen
    Ron Gillen Member Posts: 124
    Nope

They recommend foam or whatever your laminate dealer recommends over the system. Go to the Roth USA website and the install manual is online. A friend of mine used in an older basement ane thinks it's great.
This discussion has been closed.