Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HW vs. electric baseboard install

Jamie Hall
Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,153
in Quebec, the electric bills will kill you. Go with the mod/con.
Br. Jamie, osb
Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England

Comments

• mtfallsmikey
    mtfallsmikey Member Posts: 765
    Rental property

Wife owns a 100 yr. old 2-story house, newer windows, blown in insulation, attic could be better insulated...no central heat ever installed!...currently used as a rental.. has an LP space heater, no natural gas available, house eventually to be sold. She wants to install electric BB, I want to do a mod-con/BB system with TRV's in all rooms, etc.,ODR... install cost of course will be higher, but the way I see it, the operating cost of the mod-con will be lower, system will be more responsive, potentially adding something for resale value...thoughts?
  • Electric heat

Cost a LOT more to run and there is always the danger of fire with elelctric baseboard, especially in a rental unit. I would go with hot water baseboard heat.

Thanks, Bob Gagnon

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.