Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steamy Nirvana

Tim_64
Tim_64 Member Posts: 76
Oh forgot to mention... the system satisfied a 10 deg call for heat in about 40 minutes, with one cycle...

I think I'm getting close to having this system tuned up correctly :-)

Comments

• Tim_64
    Tim_64 Member Posts: 76
    Steamy Nirvana

Was away for a few days... left the thermostat at 60

Arrived home and needed to take the chill out, so I bumped the thermostat to 70.

First cut out on pressure was in about 23 mins.. by that time the thermostat was up to 66 deg. Low water light was on ..and pressure cut out almost at the same time..

Burner did not turn on again till the low water (condensate returned) turned off, less than 5 minutes.

Second run to pressure took a few minutes and thermostat was satisfied at the same time......

Second burn to pressure and no issues with low water cut off..

I'm thinking that the system needs a bit more water in reserve..but also think that that Weil-McLain "Condensate Receiver" recommended 8 in dia reservoir pipe is overkill for my system..

That expense could be be economically avoided if I just replace all the "wet" parts of my system with 1-1/4" rather than the existing 1"pipe...increasing the volume of available water enough to keep the low water light off...

And Happy Holidays Dead Men... Bepop he was my gramps...worked for Brooklyn-Edison (Con-Ed)

Tim

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Steamy nirvana second only to...

Taking a shower in solar heated hot water:-)

Gongrats on achieving human comfort. It is truly priceless.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• reservoir piping

i don't think increasing the dia of pipes at the wet return level will make any more water available to the waterline of the boiler, because of the difference in heights.

i am testing my own version [with input from gerry gill] of the w/m 8 in reservoir tank, which i will be posting pix of as soon as i have worked out the bugs. so far it seems to work, and my waterline no longer plunges down at flame-out.this means the pressure cycles are not interrupted by the lwco.
    --nbc

http://forums.invision.net/Thread.cfm?CFApp=2&&Message_ID=426686&_#Message426686
This discussion has been closed.