Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A comedy of errors

Perry_5
Perry_5 Member Posts: 141
In recent years I have had somewhat similar experiences with American Airlines and United. However, at least those airlines got me to my destination eventually (12-18 hours later than scheduled).

Southwest does not serve my area. However, Midwest Airlines does - and goes to about 1/2 of the places I fly. I have had very minimal problems with Midwest - and willingly pay a bit higher airfare to fly with them. "Best care in the air" is more than just a slogan... It's true based on my experiences.

Unfortunately, for the other locations... I suffer with the nightmare schedules and service of the other airlines.

Perry

Comments

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,245
    My Christmas present from Northwest Airlines

My latest Northwest Airlines ‘experience’:

· Checked 3:19 p.m. flight status online before leaving home – flight on time

· Arrive Detroit Metro at 1:45 – proceed to gate

· Announcement at gate – departure delayed until 6:15; inbound plane delayed

· Announcement at gate – gate change

· Announcement at gate – expected departure 6:40

· Check monitor – departure changed to 6:15

· Announcement at gate – plane has arrived and expected departure 5:40

· Board plane at 5:45 (crewmember had 'left gate area') – wait

· Catering truck late – delays departure for 30 minutes

· Captain announcement at 6:15 – auxiliary power source to help start plane failed, calling for backup

· Plane pushed back from gate at 6:45

· Sit on tarmac for 45 minutes

· Captain announcement at 7:30 – mechanical problem, returning to gate

· Wait 15 minutes for gate crew to arrive to park plane

· Captain announcement at 8:00 – plane unable to fly and no more flights out to Kansas City that night

· Deplaned and noted long line of angry people waiting to rebook with ONE agent at gate counter

· Found another agent at a different counter who gave me a number to call – cancelled ticket and got refund

· Went back to parking garage to retrieve car – unable to process ‘Easy 1-2-3’ ticket using my credit card, told via intercom to back up and go to different level to see a ‘live’ person

· Trouble reading credit card with ‘live’ person but transaction completed – told could not credit the fee and would have to contact Northwest Airlines, parted with a “good luck” to me

· Had flat tire on way home (no I didn’t but it wouldn’t have surprised me)
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

Reminds me of "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"... Sorry you had such trouble.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • That's why

they're known as "Northworst". I avoid that airline unless there's no other one available.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    but other

than that..did you have a good trip?

Sorry..My sister in law works fro SW airlines..avoid NW like the plaugue
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,159
    All of which

is why I ride Amtrak whenever possible. As a Pullman porter (remember them?) said once: If you've got trouble on a train, why, there you is -- but if you've got trouble on a plane, why, where is you?

Cheer up -- I had to drive to Newark (2 and a half hours each way in the pouring rain) to collect my daughter the other day because Continental cancelled a flight...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
This discussion has been closed.