Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

which radiator vents are best?

Options
Tim_64
Tim_64 Member Posts: 76
and have my system so I get heat through all rads in 15 minutes

i.e. heat at the rad valves in 7 min

just want some rad vents that don't suck.

Home Despot continues to disappoint me... I really don't know why I still go there

Comments

• Tim_64
    Tim_64 Member Posts: 76
    Options
    which radiator vents are best?

That is the question.

I replaced all my main and radiator vents after the install of my new boiler this past summer. Mains are combinations of Gorton 1's and 2's no problems there...

I got all the radiator vents from Home Despot... they sell the "Maid-O-Mist" line... these to me, like much of the stuff they sell in Home Despot are pieces of crap. Especially since I dissected one of the failed vents and found the float to be made of some really cheap plastic that crumbled in my hand.

I have had some not work right out of the box, and others that last only a few steam cycles.

Yes these are installed on a long neglected steam system, so a lot of crap migrates to the vents.. I expected some to fail..not 50%

So which are the heavyweights in the vent world? the indestructos?

Are the Gorton 4,5,6,c,d, same as Maid-O-Mist 4,5,6,c,d?

How about Hoffman vents?

I'd really like to find one that is all metal construction, like the Ventrite, which I removed, cleaned and still have ;-)

So any pros who have read through this... which brand has the least call backs?

TIA and a good thanksgiving to all

Tim
  • kpc_44
    kpc_44 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Gorton

and varivalve.
    Go to the Gorton website to get instructions on what goes where...kpc
  • kpc_44
    kpc_44 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    drywall screws???

about it. Maid o' mist valves look similar to the gorton but as you know the guts a very cheap....hmm. kind of like there faucets. look like name brands but inside are cheap knock offs. kpc
  • Keith_43
    Keith_43 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hoffman #1A
This discussion has been closed.