Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam repair help needed...

gerry_6
gerry_6 Member Posts: 33
hey Tim, go to Grittons you been there ? BTW I'm local hope to meet you someday.

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

In one pic, you will see the LWCO. The Y on top that unions the LWCO to the sight glass is leaking onto the LWCO. I need the bushing to seal that. Second, the sight glass leaks. Anyone have a source for sight glass bushings? The third thing is the drip from the main valve at the shaft. Is there a replacement packing for this? I found the unit running at 12# and I reduced it to 4# and it was running great. It used to heat 2 indirects, but now only heats one tank. The steam never leaves the mech room and it never shut off....could the steam be set back to 1#?

Thanks, Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • That

union gasket is pretty run of the mill MM stuff, usually I just tighten abit, but may need to disassemble & clean,, change nipple too.
    Valve, just remove the 2 stuffing-box nuts, pry back the retainer, add some twisted graphite packing & reverse you should be fine.

Dave
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

Is the LWCO nipple assy available seperate from MM? I did try tightening the leaking joint & the sight glass but no luck....I will have to replace sight glass washer / bushing and the LWCO nipple / gasket..

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Couldn`t find

on MM site Tim, so I resorted to my books.
    Packing washer is MM# 316400,,, nipple is(special of course), MM# 316500.
    Sight glass gaskets I just get from Sexauer.

Dave
  • another boiler

Another boiler header pipings is installed wrong
This discussion has been closed.