Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Older tigerholme tigerloops full of oil

Options
both above and below level. Most of the time you will find a crack in the housing, close to top vent(but no oil will come out). Now if I find one full, just replace it. I have drained them in the past, but they always fill back up, and start making some funky sounds.

Comments

• Matthew Grallert
    Matthew Grallert Member Posts: 109
    Options
    Tigerloop loopdeedoop

I have been installing tigerloops for a long time and have begun to notice that the older models are all full of oil in other words there is no air space at the top. I just left one that was humming a first for me. I am able to free up the mechinism and I have not noticed it with the newer tigerloops or with the tigerloop ultras. Has any one out there come across this and is there a remedy
  • Bruce Marshall
    Bruce Marshall Member Posts: 37
    Options

Is the Tigerloop above or below the level of the oil?
  • Jim_139
    Jim_139 Member Posts: 61
    Options

According to their literature if the chamber completely fills install an OSV in the suction line.

I called Westwood Products a few years ago because I had replaced several Tiger Loops due to a whine that developed. I was told that the problem was job specific and was probably an interaction between the internal check valve and the pump's gearset.

I installed one of them on my own burner about 7 or 8 years ago and it's been quiet. Likewise, the TL I installed on the other job as a replacement has been quiet.
This discussion has been closed.