Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Refrigeration pipe sizing

Options
Geno54_2
Geno54_2 Member Posts: 1
The capillary/expansion device is on the outdoor section / condensing unit. What you see as the liquid line is actually the beginning of the evap. Hence the need to insulate both lines. Have seen some confuse this and install liquid line driers. That is a no no on most ductless splits. 410a mimicks r-22 for pipe sizing. Haven't gone wrong using them yet.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,540
    Options
    Refrigerant pipe sizing

I'm looking for pipe sizing charts for 410A and 134. Have all the others. Anyone know where to look?????????????????
    Thanks,
    ED
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,540
    Options
    Refrigerant pipe sizing

I'm looking for pipe sizing charts for 410A and 134. Have all the others. Anyone know where to look?????????????????
    Thanks,
    ED
  • jim s_2
    jim s_2 Member Posts: 113
    Options
    Never saw a difference

for 410A,might want to check with the manufacturer and see what they have to say.
  • Brad White_185
    Brad White_185 Member Posts: 265
    Options
    I had asked this

about six months ago and came up empty on R410A. What I have seen in the field at least is that the sizes, even over good distances, seem a tad small from what my gut says would be ideal. They seem to be "connection size" if not, then "connection size plus one". Still, the systems work but I am specifically NOT giving this as sizing advice. It is just what I have seen and is hardly the last word. Far from it!

The manufacturers I have spoken with (Mitsubishi and Daiken being but two and regarding their VRF type systems), have given me blank looks but then point to their sizing and design software showing, routinely, 130 foot runs of 3/8" liquid and 1/2" or 5/8" suction lines for a ton or so worth of evaporator.

For 134A, I have that in my tables and sizing program. If you have a specific application, fitting count and lengths, I can spot you a sizing run if you like.

But 410A? I would love to have a good set of charts...
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Options
    this

This should help.

http://www.suva.dupont ca/pdf refrigepiping-engineerpdf.

http://www.refrigeration piping%20sizing.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    R-410a pipe charts

Hi Brad!I have this 3-chapter,"Application Guide" in Chaptr 1 ,page 16 there is this "Liquid Line Selection Table For R-410A Systems" chart and on paqe 17 there is this "Allowable Suction Line Diameters and BTUH Loss(R-410A)" table.Sound like a possibility? Terry.
  • Brad White_189
    Brad White_189 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Terry

Hey, if that is not a copyrighted work, I would love a copy of the charts but if you have a publication number, I might be able to get a fresh copy- Thanks!

Brad
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    410a Tables

Good Morning EBEBRATT ,Brad!I remember that thread from 6 months back, Well, anyway,no Copyrighting infringements here.Your local Trane distribuator should be as helpful as was mine.It's titled "Application Guide" and"American Standard 2000" is on the Index page, and the number 32-3009-93 is also there .
    Ch-1 -Refrigerant Piping.
    Ch-2 -High Rise Applications,
    Ch-3 -Hot Gas Bypass
    Let me know if this what you are looking for!
  • Edward A. (Ed) Carey_3
    Edward A. (Ed) Carey_3 Member Posts: 236
    Options
    Link Won't work

Don,

I can not get those links to open when I cut and paste them.

Could you try to post them again

Thanks,

Ed Carey
This discussion has been closed.