Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

no heat = no DHW

TimcoTimco Posts: 2,885Member
I have a service call tomorrow for a WM GV-4 that will not fire. It's a few towns north and I will be bringing a HSI. Question is, since these folks have an indirect, short of getting the boiler firing, is there no way to get them hot water? Has anyone seen a standard 40 gal WH on the DHW system as a back-up for hot water needs? I hate to see them without both...

Tim
Working on steam and hot-water systems isn't rocket science....it's actually much harder.

Comments

• hot rodhot rod Posts: 8,603Member
    An electric

HW tank could be plumbed easily, IF you have a 240V 30A circuit nearby.

Or a long extension cord to a dryer outlet :)

Indirect tanks with back up elements, like some solar tanks would sure be nice for back up in cases like this.

I think we will be seeing more indirect tanks built with elements or provisions for.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
  • burnermanburnerman Posts: 297Member
    this is why

this is one of the reasons i like to use a 40 gal. elec. water heater plumbed into a tankless in the summer it only uses a mim. amount of oil in the winter the tank serves as a BIG themos and if the boiler does not fire they have elec. back up my thought royboy
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!