Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham V83

Options
if set-up properly.

Comments

• SteveMac
    SteveMac Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Burnham V83 conversion

I have a customer that has a Burnham V83WBT oil fired boiler w/ tankless, installed by his oil company a few years ago. He now wants me to install a gas conversion burner on this boiler. He has a gas service to the house and a lined chimney.

Other than the normal effiency reduction issue, can this be done, and what brand conversion burner would you recommend?
  • steve_178
    steve_178 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    No...

just put a riello burner on that boiler and no more soot, no more problems... Riello burns real clean...
  • John@Reliable_14
    John@Reliable_14 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Well it depends...........

whats common in your area, as far as parts? I like the one from Carlin, easy set up. But it may be wise to have oil burner set-up properly for $avings with oil.
  • GansDitrixGanher
    GansDitrixGanher Member Posts: 9
    Options

I would look @ the BTU price of NG & oil then the cost of converting If you have a Burnham V83 sooting Its not set up right They burn clean

Ed Kuk
  • bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    Options
    Never said

Steve never said it was sooting up. Where do you get that?
  • GansDitrixGanher
    Options

Your right He didn't say it was sooting I read to much last nite When Steve said install a Ratela burner & on more soot I got confues W/ another.
    Sorry Ed Kuk
  • GansDitrixGanher
    Options

Your right He didn't say it was sooting I read to much last nite When Steve said install a Ratela burner & no more soot I got confued W/ another.
    Sorry Ed Kuk
This discussion has been closed.