Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

burnham steam boiler problem

Tom HopkinsTom Hopkins Posts: 539Member
when contractor installed boiler did he skim the boiler?

Comments

• shawn_14shawn_14 Posts: 14Member

I have a client that has a new burnham independence steam boiler recently installed. He is having a problem when he manually fills with water so a 1/4 of water is showing on the sight glass he has to fill it back up in a days time. So he tried filling it 3/4 the way up the sight glass and he hears banging noises in the pipes. Any ideas ,Thank you in advance
  • JohnNYJohnNY Posts: 2,249Member
    Sounds like maybe...

...water's stacking up in some clogged returns.

Not a boiler problem. More of a system problem.
    Have a qualified heating technician take a look at it, though, as there could be several other revealing symptoms that point to another issue.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    For installations, troubleshooting, and private consulting services, find John "JohnNY" Cataneo here at :
    "72°F Mechanical, LLC"
    Or email John at [email protected]
    John is a professional Master Plumber, licensed by The Department of Buildings of The City of New York, and works extensively in NYC while consulting for clients in and out of state.
  • Brad White_166Brad White_166 Posts: 2,391Member
    I agree with JohnNY

It is not likely the boiler.

Sort of like buying a new car because it rattles and thumps when you drive down the road. Buy a new car and it still thumps and rattles. Then you realize that those are pot holes....

As Dan once said, "returns are guilty until proven innocent". I would check the distribution first...
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be right!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • shawn lavertyshawn laverty Posts: 42Member

Bump
  • shawn lavertyshawn laverty Posts: 42Member

What are the possible scenerios that would make this happen.
  • ed wallaceed wallace Posts: 1,613Member
    boiler issues

if the return piping was not changed then it could be blocked with crud is there a draw off on the reurn lines just before the hartford loop
  • shawn_14shawn_14 Posts: 14Member

The boiler was not skimmed
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!