Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

temp settings for pex etc

Options
Brad White
Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
Typically, the actual standards and limitations should be printed right on the tube according to DIN and ASTM standards.

"It is rated at 73.4° F at 160 psi, 180° F at 100 psi and 200 °F at 80 psi" is from the Wirsbo Web Site.

You can see how the lower the temperature the greater the pressure it can withstand. My only concern would be expansion. Personally, PEX-AL-PEX would be my choice for high temperature systems like that, although I think the actual operating range differences are marginal at the actual service conditions.

If your tubing does not state the limitations and certification agencies, I would use something else :)
"If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad

Comments

• phil the limey
    phil the limey Member Posts: 31
    Options

if i set my boiler at 180, is that too high for pex to handle?

• phil the limey
    Options

my system pressure wanders between 12 to 20 psi depending on heat and pump operation.

so i guess im good to 180?

• Glenn Sossin_2
    Glenn Sossin_2 Member Posts: 592
    Options
    What if ??

What if your aquastat wonders off along with your system pressure? I agree with Brad, use an aluminum based pex at the boiler room. Here's a pic of a job one of my customers did with fostapex - very tight boiler room. Notice no burn marks.
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Options
    wow

It's done in layers like a lasagne! I wish I coulda thought of that. Must be 10-12 grand worth of parts on that little wall. Nice work!
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    there seems to be a group of F-10's or F-12's

what is the sq ft of the place? for some reason the circs look large to me.. maybe only one is an F-12 the bronze body circ seems huge too... whatever.:) Tacos probably real habby :)

sometimes i think of something like what if...secondary high limits maybe should be required on all boilers not just commercial. Low water cut offs ,i think, have for years ...which is a good thing. ...
  • phil the limey
    Options

them would be fabulous answers had my question been more along the lines of "what should i install?"

i dont intend ripping out all my pex as soon as they come out with something new. my stuff has been installed 8 yrs.
This discussion has been closed.