Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Putting the wrenches away

Options
2»

Comments

• Perry_3
    Perry_3 Member Posts: 498
    Options
    Wishing you the best

Congradulations Mark:

I don't follow the Wall as close as I used to.

Cool thing is that I do live east of the Mississippi River.

So if you ever plan on getting into NE Wisconsin hunt up my email and let me know.

Perry
  • Dobber
    Dobber Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Congradulations

Hope to see you in Southern Ontario.Glenfiddichs are on me.

Dobber

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Options
    Good luck

With your passion, you'll go far.

Jeff
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Changes

When they're something you want and need, changes are a good thing.
    Good luck with Wilo.
    Maybe now they'll have the manpower to get my way :)
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Mark

Good luck on the new position. If the Motor City is ever a destination I can get you a good audience for a CO discussion. Keep me (and The News) in mind.
  • radioconnection_2
    radioconnection_2 Member Posts: 70
    Options
    I heard that

Upon your announcement that CHT sales went through the roof and that Wilo has packed up and moved back to Ubekistan! Congrats my friend (even though I knew for like, forever)you pickle kiss**

Keep me posted on training in New England and I will be there. Wilo is VERY lucky to have you except when it's time for them to oh, like pay the bar tab...

Will you be at the REX show on Wednesday? I will stop by, Devan you there on that day?

Rick
  • radioconnection_2
    radioconnection_2 Member Posts: 70
    Options
    I heard that

Upon your announcement that CHT sales went through the roof and that Wilo has packed up and moved back to Uzbekistan! Congrats my friend (even though I knew for like, forever)you pickle kiss**

Keep me posted on training in New England and I will be there. Wilo is VERY lucky to have you except when it's time for them to oh, like pay the bar tab...

Will you be at the REX show on Wednesday? I will stop by, Devan you there on that day?

Rick
  • troy_8
    troy_8 Member Posts: 109
    Options
    Reinventing yourself

Congrats Mark. Good for you. Good for Wilo. I love their pumps. I just did the same thing. I'll be in booth 233,235 at Rex. I'll look you up.
  • Bill W@Honeywell
    Bill W@Honeywell Member Posts: 164
    Options
    You picked a good horse to ride...

Best of luck in the new endeavour!! Selling is a tough, but rewarding way to make a living. After 36+ years in sales, I can offer the following advise.
    1. Time REALLY is money, manage it well.
    2. Treating customers with respect and courtesy always pays off.
    3. Know thy product! (or know where to find someone who does)
    4. If you want a good sales philosophy, listen to the old Moody Blues song "Blue World", then put it into practice.

You know how to get in touch with me, hope we can get together if you're in NJ!
  • Mark Hunt_2
    Mark Hunt_2 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Thank you ALL for the kind words!!

I'll do my best to try to hook up with all of you at some point.

I WILL be at REX next week.

I'll be at the Wilo booth.

Thanks again folks!!!!!

Mark H
  • Mark Hunt_2
    Options
    Hey Big buddy!

I will be heading down your way before too long. I'll keep you posted.

I will still do what I can to keep CO on peoples minds. It's important.

All my best David.

See you soon.

Mark H
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Hey Mark

Will you be there on Wednesday? I have the afternoon free.

Rick
  • Tim Doran_4
    Tim Doran_4 Member Posts: 138
    Options
    Best of luck, Mark

Best of luck with the new adventure. Although I am glad to be back on the contracting side I can honestly say that my time on the manufacturing side was awsome. I learned so much and made many great friends. I am sure that you wil do well and have a lot of fun. When you work out your schedule keep the fall Stripped Bass run in mind. I always have a spot on the boat for ya.

Tim D.
  • Anna Conda
    Anna Conda Member Posts: 122
    Options

Calgary? *ears **** up*

Very cool! Congrats on the new job and the wisdom to know when a change is better than a rest =D
  • Doc Radiant
    Doc Radiant Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Congratulations Mark!

I made that leap about 13 years ago and never regretted it (through the good times and bad). Best wishes for success!
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    Yes

> Thanks!!!

>

> Our paths will cross. I look

> forward to it!

>

> Mark H

One of these days... ;-)
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Holy Cow!

I just got back into town to find this thread. What a surprise. (BTW,I was in Rochester, NY working on my house there. I went to the nearby Hardware store, "Hunt's Hardware." Hmmmmmm. The picture of the founder looked eerily familiar. Got any family in Western upstate???) But I digress. I admire your courageous decision. I hope to see you when you visit DC. I wish you the best in this new endeavor. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John Barba
    John Barba Member Posts: 166
    Options
    Yooda man!

Congrats Mark! Just one word of advice -- NEVER promise free anything to anyone during Karaoke. It always comes back to bite you in the hindquarters. Best of luck. Well, maybe not the best, but you know what I mean! See you in Hartford!

JMB
  • Mark Hunt_2
    Options
    Tim

I look forward to the striper trip(s)!

See you soon!

Mark H
  • Mark Hunt_2
    Options
    John

> Congrats Mark! Just one word of advice -- NEVER

> promise free anything to anyone during Karaoke.

> It always comes back to bite you in the

> hindquarters. Best of luck. Well, maybe not the

> best, but you know what I mean! See you in

> Hartford!

>

> JMB

• Mark Hunt_2
    Options
    John

I can't wait to see you again. It's been a while.

I will take your advice regarding the "karaoke induced promises". (Although I might make an exception if someone sings "Puff The Magic Dragon".......who wouldn't????)

I'll see you in Hartford and thanks for the words of encouragement!

Mark H
  • Mark Hunt_2
    Options
    Wayne

Not related to the hardware merchants in Rochester...(unless they are filthy rich.....)

DC is on my list and I will keep you posted.

Thanks Wayne....you are one of the best!

Mark H
  • Mark Hunt_2
    Options
    Thanks A C

I fish and hunt...Calgary and Alberta are known to me.

I'll never leave this industry.

Mark H
  • Anna Conda
    Anna Conda Member Posts: 122
    Options

The Cowtown's around my neck of the woods. Perhaps we'll run into each other some time. Seen the steam locomotive 6060? She's a wethead's dream, alive and running ^_^
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Best Wishes

Best of luck to you Mark. Your passion for the industry and insight will be a bonus for Wilo. Amazing to see all the post - should give you a warm feeling!
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,190
    Options
    The Capital Region is all the poorer............................

You ended it with dignity, and honestly, your intellect will be put to MUCH better use than slugging it out with Gcs and difficult homeowners...you have moved above THAT fray. As I have said before, this will be a good move and you be fine. Throw that wrench in the Mohawk river. As I also said...this could be just the beginning for you. Your old, pal and brother...love ya man. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    I have a saying........

"The pipe is my friend................" Its all the crap in between that gets to me. Mad Dog

• Mad Dog_2
    Options
    I just tried to give it to ya straight

I, too, am flattered that you confided in me. And Yes, Scott, Mr Holohan's creation is a many splendored thing........i'nt it? I have butted heads and head-butted MANY here...and you know what......We have all become closer, better, personally and professionally and have added to the mix at the Wall. Looking foward to drinking with you'll in the future. Mad Dog

• Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    Good Luck Mark

Looks like I missed a great opportunity to finally meet you, my fault for not keeping up with checking out things on the Wall lately

I hope you find your new career both mentally and financially rewarding

Cosmo
This discussion has been closed.