Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Had to put it down

Options
jim burke
jim burke Member Posts: 26
I Just replaced this original blue ray boiler with domestic coil with a new buderus . This was one of the first to be installed on long island and cust. loved it .

Comments

• Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    if customers only knew...

what having a system of theirs displayed on heating help means for them, they would all demand it - nice job!!
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Nice install

Install looks great!Thanks for posting the pictures!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Beautiful work Jim

I'll bet the customer loves this system more than the BY . Steady hot water and a drop in fuel use to boot . We've taken out so many Blueray leakers from basements that were finished off after the install ....... I hope the people who designed it never cross my path . I guess it was a tight fit to the basement ? I see the old oil tank cut the long way .
  • Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Clean

Great attention to detail. Painted pipes and everything Nice Nice. Sweet Job.

Jim, Not to nitpick but...I have always been under the impression that your 1 1/2 ball valve shouldn't be between the boiler and the LWCO.

Keith
  • Bruce Stevens
    Bruce Stevens Member Posts: 133
    Options
    Keith good catch

actually you are right and I usually put the LWCO where he has the 1 1/2 ball valve I find if air does get in system it short cycle the burner as air goes through the horizontal pipe.
This discussion has been closed.