Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Psychrometrics Chart downloads

Options
http://www.arch.hku.hk/~cmhui/teach/65156-7e.htm

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Technical Development

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.

Comments

• Kim Peters_2
    Kim Peters_2 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Psychrometrics Chart Downloads

Do any of you pro's know were i can download a Psychrometrics Chart as i am in need of training some canadian contractors.Thanks in advance. Kim
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    Do you need them for a particular

altitude or temperature range? Let me know. I may be able to make some up for you in PDF format.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Kim Peters_2
    Kim Peters_2 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Psychrometric charts

Thanks for the reply i am from Vancouver canada
    and was hoping to get a chart in excel format,if there is one out there.
    i need it to show the following:
    wb and dew point temp - 35 to 90 degree f
    db temp - 35 to 105 degree f
    weight of water vapour in one pound of dry air(grains)
    from - 0 to 180
    total heat -btu.per pound dry air from - 13 to 48
    sensible heat percentage of total capacity from - 40 to 100

along with wet bulb lines relitive humidity
    and cu. ft per lb of dry air
    hope this helps .

thanks kim
  • MIke_Jonas
    MIke_Jonas Member Posts: 209
    Options
    try..

handsdownsoftware.com. They have a bunch of stuff that might be of help to you.
  • Brad White
    Options
    Kim-

I will see what I can do. I tried printing my Psychrometric charts via Adobe Acrobat Distiller but it did not "stick".

By the way, I use a couple of programs, principally Elite Software's PsyChart which runs about $200 and Linric (linric.com as if you did not know :) has a line of prodcuts including a psychrometric calculator as well as an Excel database of psychrometric data points.

Not sure if you need graphic or tabular data, but see if they have something closer to what you need.

I will keep trying at my end and if I succeed, post them here.

Brad
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Brad White
    Options
    Great site!

Never heard of them before; they are bookmarked now. Thanks!

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • GMcD
    GMcD Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Call the local Trane office

Kim- I'm in Vancouver- we have pads of 8-1/2x11 psych charts we got from the local Trane sales office in Burnaby - call them and see if they have any hiding in their back room of "engineer's graft". Great for doing the design then filing the marked up chart into the file. A bit small, but it can be read and a whole pad will last a while.
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    I agree, Geoff

I got the 8-1/2 x 11 pads and the really great 11x17 pads. High quality engraved printing... hard to get. I covet mine. No you cannot have any. :)
  • bob_50
    bob_50 Member Posts: 306
    Options
    Carrier

Willis Haviland Carrier who invented it sells a neat heavy laminated one. You can write on it(pencil) and erase. It's about 12 by 18? When I bought mine I think they were about $2.00. Any Carrier dist. should have them.
  • GMcD
    GMcD Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Bigger Pads??!!

They've been holding out on me! All I get are these little 8-1/2 x 11 pads and they have bigger pads? Well, maybe on threat that I erase Trane from my "equals list", I'll get some action.....
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    E-Mail Me

Off-Line, Geoff, if you have no luck...

For you, I will see what I can spare. But try Trane first. Tell them you will sic Ned Morris from the Tucson office on them if they do not comply. Shameless name-dropper am I.

:)
This discussion has been closed.