Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

1 1/4\" iron pipe

Options
Amen to that sentiment brother! I've seen many people use those protectors just to remove them after they fail pressure tests.

Anthony Menafro

Comments

• JOHN_103
    JOHN_103 Member Posts: 54
    Options
    1 1/4 \" iron pipe

anyone know if you can buy 1 1/4" bi pipe longer than 21'?
    i'm hopeing to find about 35' lengths but i doubt it
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options
    pipe

try long island pipe supply or davidson pipe in brooklyn. if it can be had, they can get it.
  • JOHN_103
    Options

I forgot to say i'm in ma.but i'll keep them in mind if no one local. thanks
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    How would you haul and carry

a stick of 1-1/4" that long :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm hoping...

you intend to use it as a flag pole:-)

How you going to ship it?

Once shipped, how you going to bend it around the corners of the house to get it into place?

I'm sure its possible, but the industry standard is 21' lengths. Asking a mill to ship a 35 foot piece of pipe could get REAL Expensive. This is why they make couplers... ;-)

ME
  • JOHN_103
    Options

going into a 30' chase for a fill and vent cust wanted no cplg told him didn;t think it was possible. can get in chase to hang and work on it but he was hopeing for one peice
  • paul_47
    paul_47 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Weld it together
  • Tony Conner_2
    Tony Conner_2 Member Posts: 443
    Options
    I Know...

... that you can get double-lengths of steel pipe in larger sizes like 10". I'll bet you can get the smaller diameters as well. Depending on the grade of pipe you're looking for, you might get better delivery on standard lengths that are threaded & coupled. Note that the "couplings" on pipe shipped like this are just thread protectors. They're NOT proper pipe couplings - they've got straight thread, not tapered, and they're not made to the same standards as a real coupling. Take the thread protectors off, and toss them in the scrap bin.
  • Adam_12
    Adam_12 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Thats got to be the answer .There is no other practical way to achieve a 35 foot length with out a coupling .
  • jeff_51
    jeff_51 Member Posts: 545
    Options
    use copper with brazed joint?

I don't weld, but as was suggested, I bet yu could get it done pretty cheap, specialy if you bring the pipe to the welder. You can get any length you want, but you will PAY for it.
  • JOHN_103
    Options

cplg or welding would be fine i thought run it by them again
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options
    a bad idea

Sometimes you gotta tell a customer what he REALLY wants. i was under the impression there was a bonifide reason for the random length not a impractical idea by a moron wasting everyones time. sometimes ya gotta cut these **** off at the pass,John. they can make you nuts with their nonsense. i bet he would not be willing to pay the true added expense for his hair-brain scheme.when you give the revised price ,they say " oh that's o.k. the coupling is fine. " good luck.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    it would be a bummer if you neededd one 35'3\"

habby home owner would have to pay you to thread on a nipple :) God Bless America :) where else would someone even think of something like that :) man thats good:) "i Like It !":)
  • Chuck Mac
    Chuck Mac Member Posts: 8
    Options
    1 1/4 pipe

If you are in mass. try Grant steel in Holbrook. They used to supply me with 40 footers in 3",4" 6" I don't know about smaller diameters.

Chuck
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Easy Mark,Skycrane it in with a Sikorsky.

Done Deal:)
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    35 ft lenth

just tell the customer that the supply houses pipe streacher is broken

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Looks like...

We have a NEW contender in the Pole Vault event....:)
  • thfurnitureguy_4
    thfurnitureguy_4 Member Posts: 398
    Options

a no-miss barrel for a block shoot?
This discussion has been closed.