Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil Mc Clain's production of knock off boilers!! What's up?

Options
2»

Comments

• Steve D._2
    Steve D._2 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Why not a "find a homeowner" section where homeowners can post W-2's and photographs of their basements? ;-)

Seriously, this website is very informative and entertaining. Especially during ratings week.

Steve
  • Anthony Menafro
    Anthony Menafro Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Mexico

I've heard the same rumor. I received an e mail from a Weil McClain vice pres of sales and will call him tomorrow to try to get to the bottom of all of these issues.
    Will keep all posted.
    Thanks.
    Anthony
  • Al Gregory
    Al Gregory Member Posts: 260
    Options

I think you could get a V7 wrapped in a green New Yorker jacket if you wanted to. I don't know anymore because I have been using Burnham for steel less expensive boiler jobs the past five years or so. I used many a AP590 in condos around here. I have nothing against them. I have nothing against Burnham either Glen, I am installing a V8 hot water boiler next week. To bad most of my installations are steam and I had to switch to WM and Peerless for them.
  • Joe Brix
    Joe Brix Member Posts: 626
    Options
    I agree Glenn

I've very impressed with the LE I put in my home. I just used the LE as an example of a re-label that I was aware of. The rest of your divisions have very different product lines. I guess the LE design is a very popular model and makes sense to be offered in both product lines.
  • Anthony Menafro
    Anthony Menafro Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Update

I spoke with a vice-pres of sales in Weil McClain today and he assured me that they are not opening a foundry in Mexico. He also said that they are looking at options for their knock off boilers so that they don't conflict with the elite WM boilers. We will all be privy to those options when the proper time allows. He seemed very upbeat and responsive in regards to my issues. Thanks again for all of everyone's feedback.
    Anthony Menafro
  • Floyd_16
    Floyd_16 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Once again you have found out.....

what many of us have experienced in the past....

That WM actually cares about the people that sell their products and are very responsive to those that come to them in a civil way and ask for help.

Floyd
This discussion has been closed.