Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar 260 controler

JohnNY
JohnNY Member Posts: 3,268
Do you have power at the 'boiler demand' terminals (1 and 2)?

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=290&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
Consulting & Troubleshooting
Heating in NYC or NJ.
Classes

Comments

• pumpdude2
    pumpdude2 Member Posts: 16
    tekmar 260 controler

Im having problem with a tekmar 260. The controler is running an oil fired buderus gs115 w/ a beckett burner. The boiler runs great best burner I ever worked on. The problem is the controler will not read a boiler target temp. It just shows ---- across the screen. If i make an adjustment to the DHW tanks aquastat the unit will reset it self and and then start the main circulator and fire off the boiler. I think there is a problem with the prioety setting with this controller but i do not want to condem it untill Can get some second opions Thank you.
  • Ohm the sensors?

Did you ohm your supply sensors and your outdoor sensors to make sure they are both reading correctly?
  • pumpdude2
    tekmar260

I have no readings at the boiler demand points. I also ohmed the sensors and get nothing. I am using a digital fluke I have to find another meter to recheck the ohms.
  • JohnNY
    1 and 2

You've got to bring power to 'boiler demand'. Anywhere from 12 to 240 volts, if I'm not mistaken.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
    I'm with Wheels.

Ohm out both sensors.(boiler feed and outdoor) I've run across a few bad sensors in the last 5 years. Rare, but definately possible.

Question B, Do you REALLY need it to be in "priority"?, Sometimes it ain't the best way to go...but sometimes it's needed. I like to raise the indirect temp. and mix down. It has the effect of having a larger tank, and with the 260,and a good setpoint controller(say Tekmar 150) you can adjust the differential on the water heater to avoid any conflict. JMHO. Chris
  • pumpdude2
    tekmar 260

I traced out the boiler demand and it runs to X1 on an ArgoAZV 244P zone valve board. The board is powered up with three zones calling but I have no power at X1 or X2.
  • pumpdude2
    Prioirty

I shut off the Priority swith on the controler. I was watching it cycle and the board was constantly calling for the DHW pump to run and not letting the main circ run. I know this is what the priority set up does but I think I need it to run the circ going through the indirect tank on the system. I toyed with the idea of installing a zv in place of the circ but it a lot of work and I dont know the wieght of the gain.
  • JohnNY
    I gotta believe that's the problem.

See if you can bring power to X1 (isolated switch, right?) fro m either L1 or a 24 volt source.

Either way, you've just got to get a power source, the isolated switch and the boiler demand terminals in series to form a complete circuit.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • hydronicsmike_2
    hydronicsmike_2 Member Posts: 6
    tekmar 260 Boiler Demand Wiring

Hello,

As explained above, run L1 to one side of X1. Then a wire from the other side of the X1 to Terminal 1 on the 260, followed by a wire from Terminal 2 on the 260 to Neutral.

110Vac power is switched through the ARGO X1 terminals to energize a Boiler Demand (Relay Coil) in the 260 Control.

Hope this clears it.
    Regards,

Mike

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• jp_2
    jp_2 Member Posts: 1,935
    zero ohms or infinity?

what i have seen "---" means the sensor input is "open" or sensor not connected/broken. check wiring too.
  • pumpdude2
    tekmar 260

I found the Argo board was not passing voltage through X1. I also found one of the leds were burnt out. I think the board reached its end run. I replaced the argo with a Taco board and now the system is back on line. Thank you to everyone who responded.
This discussion has been closed.