Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Summer Cruising

Mr.BillMr.Bill Posts: 10Member
Without even trying on Friday afernoon I met a contactor, rep, and wholesaler who ride.

Let's hear from the riders.

Comments

• Mr.BillMr.Bill Posts: 10Member
    How many

Who in the plumbing and heating industy (contractor,wholesaler, rep , designer, manufacturer)rides a motorcyle. I'm exploring the option of creating a loosely structured Industry Riders Association.

Let me know if you own a bike and would bee interested.
    By the way

I just got back into biking after almost 40 years and ride a Kawasaki 800 "Vulcan"
  • hrhr Posts: 6,106Member
    I ride!

I try to ride to the RPA summer retreat every year, for my long distance trip. My current scooter is a 900 Triumph Tiger.

Here is a picture of my first "ride", taken in 1961! Built with sched 40 steel pipe and a 2-1/2 hp Briggs engine.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • jim sokolovicjim sokolovic Posts: 439Member
    Did you notice...

the "hit and run" victim behind you (your own sister!)?????
  • ScottMPScottMP Posts: 5,884Member
  • DanHolohanDanHolohan Posts: 14,725Member, Moderator, Administrator
    I think that's Ellen.

That's the day she fell in love.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jason_15Jason_15 Posts: 124Member
    Ride

I'm a pipefitter at a chemical plant in southern Wisconsin, I ride a 2002 Harley-Davison XL1200c. Prior to this I had a Honda Shadow 1100, and an old Honda Goldwing 1100. I like the Hondas, but since H-D is a Wisconsin company, local loyalty won me over. I like ALL bikes. Perhaps a BMW someday??????
  • Ray LandryRay Landry Posts: 203Member

I'm a plumber and I ride a 2003 Buell firebolt xb9r... lemme know if you end up making a club. [email protected]
  • bob_44bob_44 Posts: 112Member
    BAD Motor Scooter

1955,3/4 H.P. B&S, 1/2" gal strait pipe, ford valve springs under the seat for suspension,belt drive with centrifugal clutch to jack shaft, bicycle chain to rear wheel, I cut all the angle iron out of an old wind mill on my uncle's farm. Cost me $15.00 to get it welded. I still have a Bultaco sherpa-t and an alpina. bob
  • don_144don_144 Posts: 27Member
    Surpise

not to see a flatpate hx under the seat and water line wrap around the exhaust,for them cold winter rides.

• Dave Yates (PAH)Dave Yates (PAH) Posts: 2,162Member
    My first ride

was a 1957 panhead hardtail Harley - my cousin's ride. We were out late and he knew I loved that bike. He stopped in a mall parking lot, got off and said she was mine to ride! I'd never driven a bike, so I declined. He said we weren't moving till I took er for a spin. I did & rode circles for the best part of an hour! Hog fever was born(G).

Eventually, I found a 1974 "74" Super Glide that was in my price range and that became my ride. My first and only bike! Then, in 79, I went into business for myself. Single-horse shop & it struck me - you wreck & get hurt, you don't eat or pay the bills. I quit riding & sold her two years later - for more than I'd paid.

Every time I hear that low rumble of a Harley, I get a twinge of fever(G).

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Andrew Hagen (ALH)Andrew Hagen (ALH) Posts: 165Member
    Interesting Bike

A friend of the family built this. It has a 3-53 Detroit Diesel engine along with various parts from various vehicles...and 9.00x20 truck tires.

No doubt he could just about pull a camper with this thing.

And all before anyone heard of Monster Garage.

-Andrew
  • LeoLeo Posts: 767Member

I ride a Sportster. Before coming back to Mass from Oilstock we went to York to tour the Harley plant.

Leo
  • G Averill_2G Averill_2 Posts: 44Member
    Motorcycles

I currently ride a HD FXDL low rider, which replaced my old favorite FXE Super Glide. The Super Glide replaced an few years earlier iron head sportster 1000. The iron head was a great joy to ride, but the kick starter (only) dry clutch and AMF quality oil leaks took its toll on me.
    I have had a few metric bikes as well, a Suzuki GT750 water cooled triple - smooth, and a RM400 motorcross - my only off road bike.Nothing better than a calm morning on a midwestern backroad on the bike.
  • WeezboWeezbo Posts: 6,232Member
    I have to stay off them ...me and the macadam arent good

friends...i like the 250 triumph trumpet trident the 1000 sporty and the old indians ...Peace :)
  • Eugene SilbersteinEugene Silberstein Posts: 1,380Member
    Motorcycle from Wetstock?

Hot Rod, that looks like the motorcycle from Wetstock!
    Who is riding this weekend.

Canadian long weekend, US long weekend. Who is riding? What? Where?
  • Dale HeathDale Heath Posts: 4Member
    Before more rain

I'll be out on Friday before more flooding rain hits the Alberta Province. Calgary broke rainfall record from 1927 and it has been a difficult month to ride. Thought I would share a few photos of a trip that Mr. Bill, Buck Heath w/ Padcar Mechanical, some friends and I took last Saturday. Questionable weather, 360 miles later and good times had by all. Anybody else hit'n the roads over the long weekend?
  • Dale HeathDale Heath Posts: 4Member

I am a newbie to bike riding. Took a big leap - stepped right into a large touring bike. I ride a 1985 Yamaha XVZ12 Venture. Took the lessons, taking care and so far a fair weather rider.
  • eric_2eric_2 Posts: 148Member
    Hittin' the road

I'll be hittin' the road on my 2002 Roadstar 1600. Nice comfortable ride that I spoiled myself with 3 yaers ago. Been riding since I was 7. On the road since 17. Best feeling in the world. Always up for a good group ride.
  • Dave_71Dave_71 Posts: 1Member

Life is short - get out and enjoy it - one word to ease your mind - AFLAC!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!