Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Summer Cruising

Mr.Bill
Mr.Bill Member Posts: 10
Without even trying on Friday afernoon I met a contactor, rep, and wholesaler who ride.

Let's hear from the riders.

Comments

• Mr.Bill
    How many

Who in the plumbing and heating industy (contractor,wholesaler, rep , designer, manufacturer)rides a motorcyle. I'm exploring the option of creating a loosely structured Industry Riders Association.

Let me know if you own a bike and would bee interested.
  • Mr.Bill
    By the way

I just got back into biking after almost 40 years and ride a Kawasaki 800 "Vulcan"
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    I ride!

I try to ride to the RPA summer retreat every year, for my long distance trip. My current scooter is a 900 Triumph Tiger.

Here is a picture of my first "ride", taken in 1961! Built with sched 40 steel pipe and a 2-1/2 hp Briggs engine.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • jim sokolovic
    jim sokolovic Member Posts: 439
    Did you notice...

the "hit and run" victim behind you (your own sister!)?????
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    I don't know

The motor looks like a 26-64 :)

Nice memories huh ?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    I think that's Ellen.

That's the day she fell in love.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jason_15
    Jason_15 Member Posts: 124
    Ride

I'm a pipefitter at a chemical plant in southern Wisconsin, I ride a 2002 Harley-Davison XL1200c. Prior to this I had a Honda Shadow 1100, and an old Honda Goldwing 1100. I like the Hondas, but since H-D is a Wisconsin company, local loyalty won me over. I like ALL bikes. Perhaps a BMW someday??????
  • Ray Landry
    Ray Landry Member Posts: 203

I'm a plumber and I ride a 2003 Buell firebolt xb9r... lemme know if you end up making a club. ktm_racer032@hotmail.com
  • bob_44
    bob_44 Member Posts: 112
    BAD Motor Scooter

1955,3/4 H.P. B&S, 1/2" gal strait pipe, ford valve springs under the seat for suspension,belt drive with centrifugal clutch to jack shaft, bicycle chain to rear wheel, I cut all the angle iron out of an old wind mill on my uncle's farm. Cost me $15.00 to get it welded. I still have a Bultaco sherpa-t and an alpina. bob
  • don_144
    don_144 Member Posts: 27
    Surpise

not to see a flatpate hx under the seat and water line wrap around the exhaust,for them cold winter rides.

• Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    My first ride

was a 1957 panhead hardtail Harley - my cousin's ride. We were out late and he knew I loved that bike. He stopped in a mall parking lot, got off and said she was mine to ride! I'd never driven a bike, so I declined. He said we weren't moving till I took er for a spin. I did & rode circles for the best part of an hour! Hog fever was born(G).

Eventually, I found a 1974 "74" Super Glide that was in my price range and that became my ride. My first and only bike! Then, in 79, I went into business for myself. Single-horse shop & it struck me - you wreck & get hurt, you don't eat or pay the bills. I quit riding & sold her two years later - for more than I'd paid.

Every time I hear that low rumble of a Harley, I get a twinge of fever(G).

• Andrew Hagen (ALH)
    Andrew Hagen (ALH) Member Posts: 165
    Interesting Bike

A friend of the family built this. It has a 3-53 Detroit Diesel engine along with various parts from various vehicles...and 9.00x20 truck tires.

No doubt he could just about pull a camper with this thing.

And all before anyone heard of Monster Garage.

-Andrew
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770

I ride a Sportster. Before coming back to Mass from Oilstock we went to York to tour the Harley plant.

Leo
  • G Averill_2
    G Averill_2 Member Posts: 48
    Motorcycles

I currently ride a HD FXDL low rider, which replaced my old favorite FXE Super Glide. The Super Glide replaced an few years earlier iron head sportster 1000. The iron head was a great joy to ride, but the kick starter (only) dry clutch and AMF quality oil leaks took its toll on me.
    I have had a few metric bikes as well, a Suzuki GT750 water cooled triple - smooth, and a RM400 motorcross - my only off road bike.Nothing better than a calm morning on a midwestern backroad on the bike.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    I have to stay off them ...me and the macadam arent good

friends...i like the 250 triumph trumpet trident the 1000 sporty and the old indians ...Peace :)
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Motorcycle from Wetstock?

Hot Rod, that looks like the motorcycle from Wetstock!
  • Mr.Bill
    Who is riding this weekend.

Canadian long weekend, US long weekend. Who is riding? What? Where?
  • Dale Heath
    Dale Heath Member Posts: 4
    Before more rain

I'll be out on Friday before more flooding rain hits the Alberta Province. Calgary broke rainfall record from 1927 and it has been a difficult month to ride. Thought I would share a few photos of a trip that Mr. Bill, Buck Heath w/ Padcar Mechanical, some friends and I took last Saturday. Questionable weather, 360 miles later and good times had by all. Anybody else hit'n the roads over the long weekend?
  • Dale Heath
    Dale Heath Member Posts: 4

I am a newbie to bike riding. Took a big leap - stepped right into a large touring bike. I ride a 1985 Yamaha XVZ12 Venture. Took the lessons, taking care and so far a fair weather rider.
  • eric_2
    eric_2 Member Posts: 148
    Hittin' the road

I'll be hittin' the road on my 2002 Roadstar 1600. Nice comfortable ride that I spoiled myself with 3 yaers ago. Been riding since I was 7. On the road since 17. Best feeling in the world. Always up for a good group ride.
  • Dave_71
    Dave_71 Member Posts: 1

Life is short - get out and enjoy it - one word to ease your mind - AFLAC!!!
This discussion has been closed.