Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hey Dan and my fellow wetheads

Surgery went very well, I was never so happy to get that 3/8 rubber hose out of my  pe*&^%.. Trying to be polite, OK it wasn't 3/8 but after 3 weeks it felt like it.  Got a quick question about a Bosch tank-less condensing water heater. I installed a new boiler and the home owner asked if I would install a new tank-less water heater and I agreed no big deal. Here is my problem, they got the unit from their brother-in-law whom is a distributor for Bosch. It is a outdoor unit ( convertible ).

I called Bosch fro some questions regarding this unit and they said yes but the system required a conversion kit for out door use. The dealer assured me he had this kit in stock, but 2 weeks later and no top, promised for sure it would be here Monday am. I guess his sister had all the cold shower she could take. He insist that if you take and install 2 elbows on top it will work ( keep in mind the unit is under a 4 foot over hang. Now here is my question, ever time we fire up the unit it runs for 30 seconds and then locks out. It says overheat on back flow temp, I cant remember the code either e3 but pretty sure its e4.

Now Bosch says it wont work but the distributor says it will ; its something I did wrong and that may be possible. What is real strange when I called up Bosch  the first time they claimed They didn't make the unit and then agreed they did. Now I have did every thing the installation manual said. I left the gap of 1/4 between the drain, I poured 14 ounces of water in the trap, I went on line tonight and went to Bosch's website and looked up the installation manual. Its about 100 pages long. but what come with the unit is not as near detailed as what is on line. I am going back over there tomorrow to check every thing but just thought some of you fine wet-heads might have some suggestions.

Peace Be With You

David C. Broome

P.S. 3 hours of surgery and my back is still killing me lol 

Comments

• Hey Dave

I don't know anything about that heater but good luck with your recovery
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,363
    Glad You're on the Mend

Dave,

Where are you located? My Bosch/Buderus rep is good friend and really sharp guy. I'll give you his info if you're in his territory.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Ironman

On that note where are you  located? I seem to recall that you are in Virginia? I am in Winchester.

Rob
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,363
    Rob

I'm near Staunton, 2 hours south of you.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,506
    Glad to hear the hose is out, Big Man.

Don't know what's causing that other problem, though.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Dan, don't mean to be putting words in your mouth, but...

I think what you meant to say was, "Glad the Big hose is out, man"

Hmmm, that was fun!

Best wishes for a speedy recover and Happy Hoildays! David!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,506
    Works for me!

Well, actually, it doesn't, but you know what I mean. ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.