To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

? convert push nipple to threaded on WM snug CIBB?

deanerdeaner Posts: 6Member
Is there a way to convert the push nipple on middle sections of WM snug fit CIBB rads so that they can be used as end pieces.  I realize that I would have to use blocking for the feet.  Thanks  G
· ·

Comments

• bob youngbob young Posts: 2,154Member ✭✭✭
    drill & tap

sure drill & tap , then connect . what could be easier.
    · ·
  • icesailoricesailor Posts: 7,265Member ✭✭✭✭
    Doing:

Just because something might be possible to do, doesn't mean it is a good idea to try it.

There is more than you have noticed about the end sections. They hold the rods that hold the sections together. They have a lot of tapping's for the feeds and the air vents. They also make a way to end the fins.

I shouldn't say anything. Some people will try anything to find out it doesn't work.
    · ·
  • deanerdeaner Posts: 6Member
    baseboard cast iron

I was asking specifically about cast iron baseboard radiators.  With this info do you still think tap/dye is not the way to go?  The sections that I have already have an upper and lower hole to fit a push nipple.  Thanks. G
    · ·
  • icesailoricesailor Posts: 7,265Member ✭✭✭✭
    The same applies:

The same amswer is still in effect.

You can do anything you want. Just not everything you want.
    · ·
  • Charlie from wmassCharlie from wmass Posts: 3,216Member ✭✭✭
    In a pinch

They can be tapped. Why do you want to do this is my question. I have had to due to freeze ups and needing to get the heat on as the end section is toast. I also have sections of New Weil and AmStan I will never get rid of just incase I need them for repairs.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
    · ·
    reply to charlie from wmass

Charlie,

I have numerous middle sections but no end sections.  I thought if there was a way to use the middles as ends it would save me buying new ends.  Just exploring my options. Thanks.  G
    · ·
    reply to charlie from wmass

Charlie,

I have numerous middle sections but no end sections.  I thought if there was a way to use the middles as ends it would save me buying new ends.  Just exploring my options. Thanks.  G
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!