Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

? convert push nipple to threaded on WM snug CIBB?

deaner
deaner Member Posts: 6
Is there a way to convert the push nipple on middle sections of WM snug fit CIBB rads so that they can be used as end pieces.  I realize that I would have to use blocking for the feet.  Thanks  G

Comments

• bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    drill & tap

sure drill & tap , then connect . what could be easier.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Doing:

Just because something might be possible to do, doesn't mean it is a good idea to try it.

There is more than you have noticed about the end sections. They hold the rods that hold the sections together. They have a lot of tapping's for the feeds and the air vents. They also make a way to end the fins.

I shouldn't say anything. Some people will try anything to find out it doesn't work.
  • deaner
    baseboard cast iron

I was asking specifically about cast iron baseboard radiators.  With this info do you still think tap/dye is not the way to go?  The sections that I have already have an upper and lower hole to fit a push nipple.  Thanks. G
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    The same applies:

The same amswer is still in effect.

You can do anything you want. Just not everything you want.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    In a pinch

They can be tapped. Why do you want to do this is my question. I have had to due to freeze ups and needing to get the heat on as the end section is toast. I also have sections of New Weil and AmStan I will never get rid of just incase I need them for repairs.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • deaner
    reply to charlie from wmass

Charlie,

I have numerous middle sections but no end sections.  I thought if there was a way to use the middles as ends it would save me buying new ends.  Just exploring my options. Thanks.  G
  • deaner
    reply to charlie from wmass

Charlie,

I have numerous middle sections but no end sections.  I thought if there was a way to use the middles as ends it would save me buying new ends.  Just exploring my options. Thanks.  G
This discussion has been closed.