Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

new boiler won't come up to temp

Options
rjm
rjm Member Posts: 60
is there any restriction when putting the zonevalve in manual. If there is no ristriction, the powerhead is bad(end switch not being activated).
If there is resrtiction, check your thermostat for level (if its a has mercury switch)- try turning it up all the way and then check your zonevalve- also check that allwires ae secure to the appropriate terminals.

Comments

• rich_40
    rich_40 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    boiler won't bring loop up to temp

New boiler, oil fired domestic water coil, ran fine for two days, now thermostat set at 70 and room won't go higher than 62 or 64. I opened taco zone valve manually and it immediately started boiler and began to circulate. Once I shut off manual control, the boiler and circulator shut down. They have plenty of hot water. I'm thinking its an electrical glitch but don't know where to start.
  • Ray Landry_3
    Ray Landry_3 Member Posts: 94
    Options

Okay, it sounds as if you're getting a lack of signal either to your end switch wires or from the end switch to the boiler. Have you checked to make sure the end switch on the z.v. is wired correct? WHat kind of zv is it

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mike
    Mike Member Posts: 94
    Options
    check the voltage at the zone valvles

sounds as thou your getting some flow. how many zones? are they all zone vavles? with all zones calling check voltage at each zone valve. Lower than 23 volts you may need to get a larger va transformer or add additional ones. can use up to three valves per 40va transformer.
  • rjm
    rjm Member Posts: 60
    Options
    what happens if...

This discussion has been closed.