Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat Pump Lab 9/17/05

Is anticipator a time delay switch that mesures heat?
Does a humdistats only measure humidity in the air?
Can a limit switch be compared to a presure switch? a presure switch will shut your condensor unit down if you don't have enough refrigerant in it. So would a limit switch shut your heating system off when you have to much heat?
Where is the heat anticipator located?

Comments

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    HV16 Students at Suffolk County Community College

Alright guys...

I know you have a ton of questions about the lab that you did last Saturday and I am quite certain that you have questions about today's lab.

Let's post some of your questions so that others in the class, as well as those around this fine land of ours, can benefit from your willingness to share your questions, comments and concerns.

By the way, when you log in, you do not have to use your full, real name. You can select your own, unique, user name. By the way, Eugene Silberstein is already taken, so don't even try it!

Have fun guys and see you on Thursday.
  • Warren Young
    Warren Young Member Posts: 5
    lab

Ha Professor, thought I'd check out the site and see what it's about. As I read a few of the messages in the heat pump discussion, I'd have to say it read like a foreign language. What are you guys talking about? Anyway Professor I need that disc. in order to finish my lab. I enjoyed that lab and found it to be very informative. I hope that we can spend more time exploring all of the system switches and loads of the heat pump system. All of the relay switches and contactors, etc... this is great experience. What can I do to gain more experience and knowledge of the electrical componets of the heat pump system
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Here you go

A humidistat is a switch that opens and closes its contacts in response to the sensed relative himidity in the air. The humidistat is used to energize the humidifier if the relative humidity in the space falls below the desired level.

The heat anticipator is located within the thermostat and helps prevent the heating system from causing the occupied space to get too warm. The heat anticipator gives off a small amount of heat that causes the heating thermostat to open its contacts shortly before the occupied space has reached the desired temperature. By doing this, the residual heat in the system will bring the space up to the desired temperature.

A limit switch is a temperature controlled switch that opens its contacts if the sensed temperature reaches unsafe levels. The high pressure switch opens its contacts in the event the high side pressure in a system reaches unsafe levels.

The low pressure switch can be used to de-energize the condensing unit if the system has lost all or part of its refrigerant charge.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Foreign Language

I can guarantee that the language will beocme less foreign as you continue through the program...
This discussion has been closed.