Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hot water unit heaters

Options
If you don't use the aquastat on the unit heaters, you will be blowing cold air until the hot water reaches the unit. Makes for uncomfortable temp swings!!!

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=346&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• WPH2205
    WPH2205 Member Posts: 52
    Options
    hot water unit heaters

Carol, I am in the process of installing 3 Beacon Morris hot water unit heaters in the shop area of a scrapyard. I also have a baseboard loop for the office. I plan on using an Argo 4-zone relay for the pumps, but here is where I am not sure what to do. Can I run double loads off of each of the Argo load terminals? What I mean is for each unit heater, take a line voltage line from the relay to both the circulator and the unit heater. This way, when the thermostat calls for heat, it would start both the pump and the fan. I should mention that I am using a coal stoker which maintains boiler temperature. The other way I am considering is to power the pumps off the relay like I normally would, then power the unit heaters separately, and add an aquastat at the unit heaters to turn them on when it hit its set temperature. Which way is better?
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

Holy, Moly, Rocky, this is complex. Coal stoker?!! I didn't think there were any left except in western Wyoming. I know, I'm showing my own ignorance. When you talk about line voltage controls I get nervous. Also I don't know the Argo product well enough to have an opinion. Apologies.
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    I just looked in my Argo zoning book...

and it shows the contacts in each pump relay is rated for up to 1/3 Horse Power or 10 amps. So as long as your pump and unit heater motor does not exceed 1/3 HP, you should be fine.
This discussion has been closed.