Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

this week pics, some scary, some steam...

Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
That would be Promontory, UT.
Just a guy running some pipes.

Comments

• Timco

The steam units are my favorite ones by far!

Tim
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    WOW!!

Other than the 2 big funnels....that's some UGLY venting.

Where were the old Engines? Looks like a museum to me..Chris
  • Timco

These trains are a HUGE part of history...maybe this pic will help...this place is north of the great salt lake in the desert. Any guesses? One pic gives it away. These replicas are perfect except for the new technology in the boiler materials. They say they run @ 150 psi. They were built in 1979.
  • Timco

When I was 9 or 10, I got to drive this one. The #94 in Rio Vista, CA at the RR museum. It burns oil, and has not been run for 10 years or so. 1902 it was built. What a blast for a kid! I still remember every detail about making that train fly down the tracks!
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    The....

Historic significance:This is where the West met the East by rail, and the "gold Spike" was driven into the ground. For the life of me, I can't remember in which city this took place... Can you tell I wasn't a History major? Chris
  • The second pic

makes it look like that oil burner needs attention....

What kind of burner is on it?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 958
    U. P. 844

I really have to see these things up close. Fire breathing dragons!

Check out the last 3 or 4 minutes, where it really builds up speed- and how its sound changes at high speed. It brings tear to my eyes.

Union Pacific 844

And its got steam heat :)
    terry
  • Timco

It is just something I noticed driving through the Avenues here in SLC. No idea if it was a past event or current, but I can guarantee it is not oil...Only nat gas here. Especially in that area.

Tim
  • That engineer knows his stuff

you see very little smoke, unless the engine is working rather hard. When he's cruising there is little if any smoke.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.