Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

the quietest boiler in the world

Darin Cook_3
Darin Cook_3 Member Posts: 389
The Buderus S120 is a 32 gallon IDWH. It has 3/4" boiler tappings and 3/4" domestic tappings. A Grundfos 15-58 FC circ handles the flow requirements nicely. It is in my opinion an excellent tank for the money.

Darin

Comments

• Darin Cook_3
    Another GB142 install

I just finished up this install. The home was entirely electric heat and electric hot water. The GB is running two zones of staple-up onix controlled by the RC10 indoor reset controller. The Buderus S-120 indirect water heater will blow the electric tank away in hot water production and energy efficiency. The staple-up on one side of the home presented a sharp challenge and time consuming process of dealing with the spikes and staples the flooring guys had used at some point. The tops of my knuckles have all the bloody pin pricks to prove it. The folks who own the home also had to wait a long time for the hot water to reach the tap, so I installed a Taco 006 bronze circ controlled by the GB 142. No more waiting. The owners are very happy.

Darin
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    YA BABY

Nice job Darin. You've got lucky customers. They've got a sweet system. Is that a 30 gallon tank ? Is the coil 3/4" , we usualys go 1".

Very neat and well layed out. I like the painted board.

Hey won't the nails help with the heat transfer :)

Did you include the bandaids in the quote or did you loss money on that part. :)

Great job and by the way , it is Really Quite.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,104
    awesome

beautiful looking job darin excellent layout ,the HO should be quite happy with there new system and lower fuel bills espically this year i,m going to update my own system soon but i,m stuck between a munchkin and a buderus it,s a hard choice i love both of them but around here the suppliers are a bit lame in responce to both systems and buderus suppliers seem alot lamer then the htp suppliers but that ain,t saying much .Enjoyed those staple up photos are there any 10 penny nails left and is it that hard to hit a joist. Again great looking job .peace clammy in brazil
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • swanmech
    swanmech Member Posts: 69
    Was installing Ultra

But after a visit to Londonderry, NH I'm starting to quote
    Buderus. Love the hands on classes , lab, & ease of service. 1st. GB is in the process of installation at my own house.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Anthony Menafro
    Anthony Menafro Member Posts: 198
    Quiet boiler

Nice install. Lucky customers to have you as their contractor.

Anthony
  • leo g_13
    leo g_13 Member Posts: 435
    OMG!

What a forest of nails you snuck through! just looking at the pic, my knuckles started bleeding. Last job we had like that, I mentioned to the HO that his sweat equity could be put to use with a grinder. We came back to do the install a week later and it was the best "clearcut" I had ever seen!

Kudo's to you and your crew!

Leo G

• Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Another quality job

Comfortable Home Tech treats each install like a masterpiece. I am glad you guys post your work, I show these photos to the companies who ask about the GB142 and how to install it. Thanks for buying at N&S and doing it right!
    Rick
  • Anthony Menafro
    Anthony Menafro Member Posts: 198
    Nails

What were they thinking with all of those nails anyway?!

Anthony
  • Ray Landry
    Ray Landry Member Posts: 203

Nice work Darin the board with the strut clamps is a nice touch, I'd like to start doing that on my installs, saves on cutting 500 peices of allthread. Couple of questions though, how come you don't put a condensate drip tee on the 3inch exhaust? and what is controlling your radiant staple up temps? just the RC 10?
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    GB142

Great looking job. Nice layout.

It does look like the condensate tee is missing. Is it hidden in the joist bay?

I havent install the Buderus indirect S120. Is it like a Superstor?

• JC-TRX250R
    JC-TRX250R Member Posts: 13
    Nice Job Darin

Nice install Darin. Where abouts is this house located. I used to room with a Darin Cook from Northern NY. You by chance would not be the same person would you.

Chris
  • Darin Cook_3
    Answers

Per Steve Grady at Buderus, the condensate tee is not necessary if you are going up and out the sidewall and immediately terminating the vent. the staple-up temps are controlled by the temp dial on the boiler and the RC 10 indoor reset controller. Thank you for the questions.

Darin
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Not painted Scott

That is tile board placed over plywood.

Mark H

This discussion has been closed.