Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

more questions/reccomendations on digital t-stat

Options
JB_8
JB_8 Member Posts: 85
I'm a HO and have a Honeywell RTH7400D works great on one pipe steam. You need one that you can set the cycle rate for steam on the antisapator. Most of them you can't set it for 3 per hr they are set for 6. Honeywell RTH7400D you can set the rate for steam 3 per hr. Its two wires R to the transformer W to the gas valve. If you have 4 wires the other two are for the clock in your old stat. You have batteries in the RTH7400 and don't need them. Thats my 2 cents

Comments

• tony hill
    tony hill Member Posts: 8
    Options
    ?

hi all--my original topic got buried.

i am still unsure of what t-stat to buy. i want a digital one to handle my 1 pipe steam, no ac. i would like to program it to one day temp and one night.

one person recommended the 6110 by honewell, which looked like a good option for $60 or so. but on the honewell site it has that one (focuspro and visionpro) under professional installation. under DIY it just had a standard 5-2 one.

i went to my local hardware store and they had the 5-2 (model 3300 or something like that) for the same $60 price. they had another 5-1-1 one for like $120 but it handled more systems. i don't really need a seperate sunday or saturday setting.

this is the one on the honewell site:

http://yourhome.honeywell.com/Consumer/Cultures/en-US/Products/Thermostats/Programmable/Do-It-Yourself/5-2/Default.htm

this one looks like it has a nice LCD screen. the one at the hardware store must be older b/c it didn't look like this.

i am a decent DIY guy. the wiring shouldn't be to difficult, but why is the 6110 listed as pro? should i avoid this one and just go with the 5-2 one? i am a total newbie and the honewell web site doesn't give me a lot of answers. i just want to get the right one that works well with out paying for all sorts of stuff i don't need.

any suggestions??????
  • tony hill
    tony hill Member Posts: 8
    Options
    thanks

that model doesnt seem to be available. the more i seach, the more glad i am i didn't go for the 3200--it says not for steam.
  • adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options
    Stat

www.hotfreshcool.com is Honeywell's site where you can find the VISIONPro 8000 touchscreen thermostat, the only one we install now. Excellent choice.
  • lost in steam
    lost in steam Member Posts: 29
    Options
    but can a DYI install it?

that is my concern. i don't know why honeywell lists it as a professional install?

but thanks for the site. i emailed honeywell to see what they say.
This discussion has been closed.