Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

minisplit systems

Options
ok the install manual shows copper tubing attached to indoor unit from the factory then it shows how to make flare fittings and insulate them and cover with tape the tubing exits the wall 7 ft below and 4 ft to left of indoor unit where exposed the lines are not insulated

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=354&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    mini split systems

can ahny one tell me why refrigerant lines on mini split systems should be insulated I looked at at a 3 month old LG system tonite where the lines are not insulated where exposed and refrigeration tubing is in a wall so there is no way to check the flare fittings

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • RadPro
    RadPro Member Posts: 90
    Options
    It depends!

If the metering device is in the condenser-insulate! If the metering device is in the evap-insulate only the Suction!

I have installed both ways, don't have a favorite.

Do remember correcting two Carrier mini-split HP that the orfice was in backwards. Took two summers to figure one out. By the time the other one was found-dead compressor!

Don in MO
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    mini's

Hello! Can you describe what is meant by "flare fitting in the wall" ? Are the refrig lines insulated where "not exposed"?Enjoy!
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    MINI'S

Hay! Thats mini's!Just make a good tight connection!6lb's in a 5 1/2 bag I think! But they are what they are!!!!!!!
    Most have the metering device in the outdood unit so insulate all the way.Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.