Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

REX Show in Hartford, CT

hey Scott!!

Mark,

Nah, you're the class act, but thanks!! You waited long for a payment due :-)

What a great time.In your own words... "thats my beer!!!" We must do this again!

Great to see old friends and meet new ones. Put faces to names. See and meet the real Gary Wallace... and hang with everyone... including you, THMFNAHB (The heat Man Formaly Known as Heat Boy), Cosmo, Paula Abdul, John Barba, HR, The infamous Andy Stack, Joe, Mark, etc etc etc etc

The seminars were great. Learing to be had by all!!! You missed this mornings Solar by Peter from Aventrop. Very nice. I'd like to see the 8 hour version!!!

Well, after a 3.5 hour drive that took 7 hours (I LOVE NY) I'm showering and going to bed..... finally.

Great to see you!!!

wheels

Comments

• Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Mark Hunt Sighting

Stopped by the Wilo booth to see Mark and it looked like Wallie World. You may recognize these mugs...

Some of them did some dancing!

http://www.jibjab.com/starring_you/receipt/328771
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

Hope there are more there today. I'm going up this afternoon.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    It was a good time

Allthought I was really hoping you wer'nt going to post the dancing thing. You'd think I'd know better :).

Had a great time Tuesday night with HB ( now Heat Man) Tim Doran and Mr. Wheels. Steve your a class act pal. Thanks for the Good Beer. Hopefully Abdul, my taxi driver did'nt take any when I was sleeping in his cab.

It is like Wallie World at the show, HR, Bob Gagnon, Dan Foley, Joel Boucher and a host of others. Wish I could stay for all the events.

Siggys class on Low Powered Hydronics was worth the trip alone.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Yup,

I was there today (Thursday) caught both of Siggy's classes. Bumped into HR, saw Kal introduce himself to HR but they were yakkin' so I didn't actually meet Kal, but I know what he looks like now. ;) Overall it was OK, got to pick on Triangle tube about the Pool Heater failure and give some doo doo to WaterFurnace over the fact that they will only sell to one contractor in my area and it ain't me. I assured them there were other products available to use in their place. Seems kind of silly to turn a guy away and force him to look at the competitors but if that's the way they want to operate, oh well...

Siggy makes you think alright...

Id go tomorrow but I have a date with a pool heater.

You know, I kind of feel bad, I didn't realize this was national, I thought it was regional. If I knew all you people were coming in from all over the place I could have (or still could really) given you some places to check out after hours.
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    glad I went

After a hiatus from the Wall, seeing the wallies at REX brought me back!!

Thanks to Steve Weiland for talking me back into renewing my membership at RPA, he even gave me a free nights stay tues night. A class act that one.

I Finally met Hot Rod up close, but I think he thought I was a weirdo when I told him how much I admired him!

I also met Siggy for the first time, after his seminar on low powered circs for hydronics. I agree with Scott Milne, that alone was worth the trip.

Also ran into my buddy hb, too bad we both had to travel more than 200 miles to see each other (we live 10 miles apart), and I met a bunch of wallies for the first time. just off the top of my head I also remember meeting Tim Doran, Scott Milne, John Ruhnke, and although I didn't speak with him I also saw Dan Foley. Probably more but don't remember right now, unfortunately by not keeping up here at the Wall I didn't know Mart Hunt was working on the upstream side of the pump now.... maybe I will get a chance to meet him at another show.

Matt Michel also had a good presentation, and as we learned he was there on short notice.

The exhibitions were great, I got a chance to see the new Vitodens 100 up close, then tried to fix the cover after hb and I broke the control access door...

I was able to ask some nagging questions I had in my brain at the Wrightsoft booth, and was pleasantly surprised to get all my answers. It was great to see the solar displays, got lots of info at the Viessmann, Oventrop, and Shuco booths.

Was I the only one that was gawking at the brunette photographer? In the words of Borat... wawaweewa!!!

Thanks to all those in the RPA, and the many Manufacturers that made it a great day for me, too bad I didn't have time to stay longer

Thanks again to Wheels, you da man

Cosmo
  • Stirling Boston
    Stirling Boston Member Posts: 33
    Nice to see so many Walllies

It was great to put more faces with names at the event. MPF, thanks for introducing yourself. Sorry if we had Kal and HR tied up when you came by to look at the wall mount at the Radiant House.

The more time you spend with Kal and Moses, the more you learn. These guys have a passion for what they do and it shows. I'm glad I ran into them as I was close to putting out an APB on Kal since he hasn't chimmed in lately and I was getting worried that he was MIA somewhere.

I also had time to meet with some great guys like Dan Foley, Brian and Papa (who both work with Dan). Thanks for the feedback and for taking the time to chat.

The attendance may have been light but seeing so many of you guys here made the trip worth it. Thanks for the friendships.

Paul Rohrs, sorry we didn't get to see each other today, congrats on the awards you earned. I heard a rumor that you might be signing autographs at the show:) Oh well, maybe Friday.

Can you guys beleive how small that circulator is that Siggy has in his brief case? Mark, Kal says he'll take 120 of them if you can deliver.

One more question, did any of you get a chance to look at the new offerings from PHP? Hoyt and John have come up with some interesting new products and if you missed them, you should stop by and take a look on Friday. I'd be interested in hearing if any of you guys are using any of thier products and if so which ones? I know a lot of guys like to build thier own manifolds and boiler piping kits but I like what I see. These two guys really understand these systems and I think they are coming up with some great ideas and products.

Stirling
    Stirling
  • singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    Good time

Also great seeing many of you, plus matching faces to names.

Glad RPA is having the next REX' 08 in Chicago. Looking forward to seeing many again then.

P.S. Cosmo, I believe the photographer is Larry Drakes' daughter. Sorry I missed you.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Not a problem,

I had to get going or I would have hung around some more. Sorry I can't make it tomorrow. I'm not recalling the PHP, got any online info? Last I saw of Kal he was expounding on the correct way to travel in and out of NYC, and I couldn't agree more, you leave and arrive at about 3:30 a.m., it's much quieter then. ;)

m
  • Cosmo_3
    Please let me know

What can I say, I am single, 35, and lookin'!!!

Hopefully no harm done? I can always edit this tonight before he sees it and comes lookin for me with a shotgun!

Yeah Singh, I will try harder to attend these events from now on. Hopefully I'll catch ya at the next one...

Cosmo
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    The crew I wish I was with tonight...........

REALLY wanted to make REX this year...especially since it was FINALLY held East of The Rockies. Have a great time guys. Mad Dog

• Don't you mean...

Rock of the Easties? ;)

BTW, I meant to ask Siggy but HE was tied up in conversation too, Anybody know how many gpm them little pumps were supposed to push. Great idea if you can get you hands on them.
  • Stirling Boston
    Stirling Boston Member Posts: 33
    PHP

www.phpinc.net

The Sep Can Plus, LLH Plus, Allcan Plus, and Min- Sep Plus were all new products being launched at the show.

HR and I did an install that will be featured in a Webcast next Wednesday through PHC News. He put our Knight on a PHP stand and it made for a nice install (I know this is a cheap plug but it might be another good way to learn more about PHP and their products). You have to register before you can join in but it's easy. There is a link to register for the webcast at www.lochinvar.com

I promise I'm not on the PHP payroll, I just like what I am seeing and wonder what you guys think about the new products.

Stirling
    Stirling
  • Cosmo_3
    looks interesting

I have a job coming up that would have been a good application for the PHP Knight stand, but I can't wait 20 days....

Looks like a great product, I checked out pricing today, and I wasn't really shocked by the price either. I will definitely keep them in mind

Cosmo
  • Oh Yea!

I DID talk to those guys and that stuff was interesting alright. I think they "scanned" me so I should get more info. Thanks for the memory jog.
  • 0700 !!

WAKE UP ALL YOU WALLIES IN HARTFORD!! RISE AND SHINE!!

;)
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Cosmo

Set your site high. They both are attractive young ladies :)

YA, I was looking also.

Does that damage my membership chances ?

Good to see you.

Scott

• Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Ummm

Did anybody happen to look at the Mark Hunt-Scott Milne dancing video?
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    What a hoot!

Thanks for the laugh Rick.

Hey Mark, NICE DRESS!!! The shirt dude...it's priceless! (I bet you have one just like it in the basement!) Chris
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Kal is a lot taller then I pictured him :)

What a fun and funny lad he is :) A very sharp, "out of the box" thinker. Get in betweem him and Moses and the words per minute meter really pegs out :)

It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Nothing like putting a face to a "wallie"

Plenty of interestig new products at the show.

I like the Taco solar block with VS circ.

The Cogen unit has my mind spinning.

More and more solar vendors and products.

Viega has one of the most impressive booths at the show, big, bright and a well staffed training facility.

I met a few of the boys from Cedar Mountain Solar in NM. A very progressive solar/radiant contracting team.

Russ Rose wined most of the attendees, as usual.

Wheels is in his element as an RPA board member. A little power goes a long way.

hot rod

• Darin Cook_5
    Darin Cook_5 Member Posts: 298
    How did you guys find the time??????

> What a fun and funny lad he is :) A very sharp,

> "out of the box" thinker. Get in betweem him and

> Moses and the words per minute meter really pegs

> out :)

>

> It was great to see old friends and

> meet new ones. Nothing like putting a face to a

> "wallie"

>

> Plenty of interestig new products at

> the show.

>

> I like the Taco solar block with VS

> circ.

>

> The Cogen unit has my mind

> spinning.

>

> More and more solar vendors and

> products.

>

> Viega has one of the most impressive

> booths at the show, big, bright and a well

> staffed training facility. I met a few of

> the boys from Cedar Mountain Solar in NM. A very

> progressive solar/radiant contracting

> team.

>

> Russ Rose wined most of the attendees,

> as usual. Wheels is in his element as an RPA

> board member. A little power goes a long

> way.

>

> hot rod

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 144&Step=30"_To Learn More About This

> Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in

> "Find A Professional"_/A_

I am so completely buried in work right! I wanted to go down to the expo with Devan but it did not work out that way. I will try and make it to the Gas networks seminar out in Mass next month!

Darin

• REX

I thought it was a great show. I saw lots of interesting product and a bunch of old & new friends.

Mark looked "in his element" in the WILO booth. I flew through the first day - couldn't stay - other business called.
  • Larry's Daughters

Both of those atractove young photographers are Larry's daughters. I met them in '95 and I think they were 6 and 8 back then.

Not only are they very attractive, they are funny and great people to hang with. Mr & Mrs Larry did good there!!!

Great to see you all. What a great time!!!

Now it's bed time. Not much sleep all week.

wheels

PS - anyone else recognize that Singh looks a little too mcu like Tiger???
  • Up to 0.7 GPM

I think
  • I hope that's a good thing:-)

HR,

Great to see you!

Me thinks this show will get better and better now......

At least for the next 4 years :-)

wheels
  • heeyyyy,,,

I DID see a guy who was a ringer for the Tiger... ;)
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    REX

Nice to have seen so many of you guys there. We spent quite awhile at the Cogen booth as that has interested me for quite awhile ever since the Intelligen unit of the early 90's. While looking at that i kept thinking something was familiar then they let it spill that the motor was the old York Triatholon HP engine`Ding!!! the lightbulb went off.
    I would say you guys can expect to see LOTS more of this tech the next few years as electric rates are just outta site in N.E. i have more people ask me what we can do for their electric bill than their heat bill.

Solar intrigues but I must admit i am having a tuff time selling it. Still I think it's something wallies should consider in their arsenal. Like the Viper at the Dodge dealer gives dad something to swoon over while mom checks off the option boxes on the familly truckster minivan.

• RPA expo

Had a great time seeing everyone, Scot M., Gary Wallace, and John Runke. Congratulations to J.R. and Fred for another first place award. Their piping looked great. I met Ted Lowe and Rob Brown. Rob's drawings are incredible. I liked the green theme this year. The classes were packed with lots of good info, well worth the money. And the photographers were very sweet, if I was only 20... er 10 years younger. Thanks for a great show, Bob Gagnon

To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    Tiger

I always get that.
    But can't play to save my life !!!

Hey, maybe one day we can have a big ugly golf outing, just for fun.

Devan "Tiger" Singh or "Vijay" , I get that also.

• I figured...

You might be a little tired of people calling you "Tiger".

My suggestion, take a few golf lessons... ;)

• Man, I had a blast. It was really great getting to hang with you, Gary and Runke! I'm not going to drop names because I'm sure I'll miss some... just met so many great guys. But it's definitely good for morale to be around so much passion for hydronics!

Now, to go think about 4" o.c. suspended tube ;)
  • scott markle_2
    scott markle_2 Member Posts: 611
    4\"o.c

whats up with the 4" o.c. tube?

• ah, Bob and I were having a discussion about joist installs is all. He sure does hate flooring nails!
  • Mark Hunt_3
    Mark Hunt_3 Member Posts: 184
    Great to see you all

as many as I did. Thanks for stopping by and wishing me well.

Your words of encouragement carry quite a bit of clout!

Wait until you see what Wilo has coming to the USA.

Crazy awesome!

Thanks again folks!

Mark H
This discussion has been closed.