Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

High efficiency gas boilers

Options
Tom Falk
Tom Falk Member Posts: 2
OK contractors help me out. I finally am replacing our gas fired atmospheric boiler, (I am a plumbing/heating contractor). Our home is early 1900's three story brick with no insulation. We have added a two story addition. The main house is cast iron baseboard and standing radiation heat. The addition is in floor radiant heat. There are many different manufactures of condensing boilers,ie. Burnham, Weil-McLain,Veissman, Buderus, Peerless, Munchkin etc.). Please let me know if any stand out from your experiences. I know this is very open ended, but I'm looking for reliablity. Thanks, Tom

Comments

• adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options
    !

Don't forget the Triangle Tube Prestige!? Excellent design and reliability. Stainless steel heat exchanger! They must be doing something right as W/M uses their indirect water heaters (also excellent design and reliability) with their name on them.
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    It Depends

Based on features, I would choose the Vitodens 200. I have designed/installed many systems with these boilers, and can say with confidence that they are the best of the best.

Based on value, I would choose the Triangle Tube Prestige. I like the low head loss heat exchanger design, and I have yet to hear of a bad experience with one. The biggest drawback is that 110MBH is the smallest size. However that doesn't sound like a problem in this case.

I am not a fan of aluminum boilers. Aluminum is just too reactive to be an appropriate material for this application in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.