Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wont purge

Jeffrey K
Jeffrey K Member Posts: 4
Looking for any ideas on why i cant purge a hot water zone , did a new house with three zones basment 1st.2nd, floor , basment and fist floor purge fine but the 2nd floor nothing happens no water comes around have checked everything anybody have any suggestions ...was piped from boiler to basebord with hot water pex also used internal flow check circs the other two are fine

Comments

• lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 458

Is the check valve going in the right direction? Try filling from the return and see what happens.
  • steve_29
    steve_29 Member Posts: 185

I hope it was piped with HEPex not pex for potable water.

• Maynard
    Maynard Member Posts: 74
    Circ

I Found A Taco 007 Circ Right Out Of The Box That Had A Check Valve That Did Not Open. Remove Check And See If Water Comes Around.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    cut in a jet vent or baseboard T upstairs...

open only the supply side ball valve or gate for that zone...

if there is no rush of air or worse, no water... that arrives, there is an obstruction in the supply line , right? that means it is a new install , with limited possibilities as to what could be constricting flow through the supply side
    ...is it a check? is it a rock? is there a extra skinny mouse in the line ? hard to know...

i would hazard it is likely one of the two possibilities already mentioned..hard to know that though...maybe try 100 psi from the boiler drain/ purge on the supply side of the zone. see if a wood chip or whatever flys by and out the empty pipe prior to burning in the jet vent or the baseboard T.....
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704

Are the circulators installed on the return side? If they are you can use the alternative piping diagram attached.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • maine ken_3
    maine ken_3 Member Posts: 3
    Pressure

Do you have enough water pressure to get to the second floor?
  • Hvacman
    Hvacman Member Posts: 159
    This was my guess!

Knock out the cheap easy fixes first!
This discussion has been closed.