Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

R410A Pipe Sizing Charts

Normally performance would be similar "you would think", but the pressures are so radically different.

(R22 at 95 degrees is 182 PSIG while R410A at the same temperature runs 298 PSIG so the pipe performance and tons carried have to be different.)

It seems that most applications are in VRV systems (Mitsubishi and Daiken for example) and the line sizes are to me, small.

Mike- thanks for checking in.

Brad
"If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad

Comments

• Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Where may I find

pipe sizing charts or software or on-line calculator for sizing R410A refrigerant lines? All of my charts are for everything but... Actually none of the 400's for that matter. R22, 11, 12, 507... 134a even... but nothing on the 400's despite a web search.

Thanks in advance!

Brad
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Is this It?

Is this what you are looking for Brad?

http://www.suva.dupont.ca/pdf/RefrigPipingI_Engineer.pdf
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    I found that one during a search

which is a very good general treatise, thanks, professor.

What I am looking for is a "size per ton" chart (to supplement my old Carrier guides) or a nomograph specific to R410a. Might as well get nomographs for all now that I think about it. My DuPont search comes up empty but I will keep trying.

Thanks professor!

Brad

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Brad, I tried also, but

The only info that I found was the statement ...That since 410-A in a blend of HFC32 and HFC 125 it has a similar boiling point of R22 (HCFC) and no modification is necessary. Although the characteristics have changed, the ref. is close to R-22 with little difference to make a piping change warranted.

You are right though, what a pain to get info on this topic.....

Mike T.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Pipe sizes

Hi All! Daikin and Mitsu rule is to use the tube stub[at the outdoor unit] size as the guide for the piping size.Brad, I know this is not the answer you are looking for,but!!!
  • Marty
    Marty Member Posts: 109
    oil return

They need to be "small" oil needs to get back to its happy home in the compressor. As far as charts good luck best bet would be the manufactures one size doesn't fit all anymore.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Brad

Enter your google or Yahoo search for MSDS R-410-A refrigerant. I didn't have a lot of time to scan, but there are some interesting points in the documents.....

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.