Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trouble shooting book

Options
thanks for the info. I am looking forward to reading these books.

Comments

• Mike Dunn
    Mike Dunn Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Trouble shooting AC

What do you recommend as a very good trouble shooting manual?
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Mike

"Troubleshooting" is an art and an aquired skill.Most AC mfrg's provide an "installation guide" with their units.Most have a "general" problem solving guide which is ok for "common " problems.But, beyond that,you must follow the Troubleshooters Rule #1.You have to be smarter than the equipment you are working on!This means you must know the basics of everything!!!!Capacitors,relays ,motors,wirers,compressors, oils,pressurers,air flow,ducts,registers ,and so on.Professor Silberstein has a good book,"Residential Construction Academy,HVAC" .John Tomczyk's book"Troubleshooting and Servicing Modern AC an Refrigeration Systems" is also good, so is Don Swenson's"Troubleshooting and Servicing AC Equipment",then for the "Advanced Technician" James L. Bergmann from Testo,Inc.has his "Air-conditioning Applications Guide" which I have read several times and apparently I have to read it again. But they ALL teach the basics over and over.Advanced "Troubleshooting" is knowing more of the basics then the other guy.Study, study, and more of the same.Good Luck!!!
  • Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Troubleshooting Books

At one point in time Jim had put a link on the site for access to the Testo book. I will check for the link and, if Jim reads this before I find it, maybe he can repost the link!

If I do say so myself, Terry, I like the list you provided very much!
    Eugene
This discussion has been closed.