Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Inhaling Refrigerant?

I have heard that kid's are inhaling Ref. to get a buz.... I am usually up on things, but I have not or would never have expected this. That explains 1 trouble call I was on which had a leak (presumably) and then it fixed itself after 3 years of leak checks with no leaks being detected.??? Hummmm

Mike T.

Comments

• Charles G.
    Charles G. Member Posts: 113
    Huffing

Welcome to the light. This has been going on for years. Don't quite understand the thrill, but there you go. Personally, I tend to encourage it for those so inclined--thins the herd. Darwin rules...
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    One whiff....

and there goes Third Grade....

When done deliberately, it makes less intelligent people even less intelligent if it does not kill them.
  • Charles G.
    Charles G. Member Posts: 113
    One whiff

Yeah, it's a shame...3 years wasted...
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    And that was

my senior year, too!
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    The scary thing is that...

The scary thing is that the youngsters must have seen someone else do it, or may have had access to the refrigerant that was on their father's service truck. I think that we owe it to the younger generations, and our own, to make refrigerants and other sunstances as hard to obtain as possible.

Whether it be securing our garages and trucks better or by placing locking service valve caps on our systems, the end result can only help our people.

It became newsworthy a few weeks ago that those who manufacture crystal meth are stealing refrigerant from air conditioning systems to use in the production process.
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787

I used to work with a guy that huffed refrigerant. When the boss found out he charged the guy for it! True story!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    28 years!

I worked with an amazing mechanic, I was a junior mechanic, then one day he didn't show up for work .What a waste!28 years ago !
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Very strange Randy...

How can that be if you are only 34? You started in this business when you were 6?

;)
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Professor

Thanks,but i'm 56,started in 69',Terry.
This discussion has been closed.