Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

vfd on evap fan

Options
Controls ? Unless there is already some form of BAS system onsite that could be an issue. If you only need 2 different airflows a motorized bypass damper or something simular may be another soloution.

Comments

• Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    packaged indoor fan speed control...

have about 20 carrier 50BYN01651 constant volume units - with added hot water coils - want to put a VFD on the evaporaor fan to slow it down for the winter - as the wind chill in heating mode is just too high - any objections? caveats? recommenation's?

- thanks kal

tried to get someone at carrier to handle this - got a run-around - "that their dealers handle questions like this", yea right, my dealer doesnt even know what vfd stands for!!!
  • Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    a bas is in place..

and i dont want to waste current, we are putting 6inches of blown insulation in the ceiling, and since there is only ceiling registers - i figure with really slow flow and high temps i will cook the ceiling and turn it into a large radiant panel - "heat without the chill"
  • mtfallsmikey
    mtfallsmikey Member Posts: 765
    Options
    Are there any

Pre-rotation vanes on these units? Not familiar with these, but retro-ed VFD's on a bunch of York units awhile back.
  • kal_2
    kal_2 Member Posts: 60
    Options
    havent taken it appart yet

This discussion has been closed.