Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bad Installation - Danfoss TRV

Hi Folks:

We just had a Danfoss non-electric TRV with remote sensor installed in a problem room that used to get too hot. The plumbers installed the valve vertically in place of the steam valve which is wrong according to the Danfoss web site and Dan H. The valve overheats therefore the room is always cold. These guys have straightened out the rest of our steam system but I think they are wrong this time. Please help. Thanks.

Comments

• Steve_120
    Steve_120 Member Posts: 3
    P.S. Danfoss TRVProblem

P.S. We have a one pipe steam system.
  • John S.
    John S. Member Posts: 260
    Show them the installation instructions..

and see what their response is. Sounds like you've already diagnosed the problem.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • DWood
    DWood Member Posts: 60
    danfoss

Steve,
    First question, did they install the 1 pipe steam valve where your air vent used to be or one on the inlet piping? One pipe steam is a different animal and does not take the "normal" Danfoss valve, I've attached a data sheet for you to look at.
    With the remote sensor, make sure the sensor is not being influenced by another heat source, i.e. return line, steam line, computer fan etc. The sensor has 6 feet of capillary tube on it so you should be able to mount it where it will sense room temperature.
    Good luck
    DWood
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

thanks for the help, all.
This discussion has been closed.