Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

temprise

are you guys seeing with all the new high eff equipment?

I'm seeing saturated temps 15 degree above ambient.I'm also
seeing higher superheat readings then ever before.

Hmmmm....

And if I may change the subject...install a Trane gaspac yesterday and the customer was not too happy to see a piece of equipment that was bigger then her shed.

I do understand all about surface area and air being able to have more area to pass thru = better efficency.
I just think they could/should have done a better job on the profile.

Let see now instead of us working around the flowers and bushes..I see six foot fences in the future.

Your thoughts? Good morning!

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Saturated Conditions-Superheat

Don,What are your indoor/outdoor temps and humidity? Have you tried plotting this system on a PRESSURE/ENTHALPY chart? P/E might be the "right tool" to help you figure out if you have a problem and where in the system it is .GOOD DAY!
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    He'll Learn

I will be visiting Don and his group of fine technicians later this month to discuss just that.

We'll be spending a full day going over pressure enthalpy and a miriad of other topics...

It's gonna be a blast.... even the salad the night before.... Don't think I forgot, Don!
  • don_163
    don_163 Member Posts: 67
    And just know

going in, that its not polite to order anything that would
    cause me to lose my manner and pickoff your plate.

Salad, very yummy!

• don_163
    don_163 Member Posts: 67
    Hello techman

It was a mild day inside and out and it was calling for a 26 degree superheat+/_.

As the Professor said he'll be coming to see us and about 12 days.Then I'll be able to do as requested and hopefully we all can share some reading and what we find this summer with each other.

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    P.E.!

Hi Don .You have yourself a deal!Soon!
This discussion has been closed.