Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

phase 3

TT Phase 3 tanks are my favorite. Here's a shot of one of our installs, a 50-gallon connected P/S to a Solaia SL7175, before the pipes were insulated.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=367&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• william_5
    william_5 Member Posts: 62

on a phase 3 hot water tank what is the outside tank made of ? is it cast iron
    thanks william

• william_5

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 323&Step=30"_To Learn More About This

> Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in

> "Find A Professional"_/A_

&thanks kevin

the 1 1/4 female nipple on the boiler supply and return is also steel??
    william
  • Guy Woollard
    Guy Woollard Member Posts: 82

He's correct- the outer tank is carbon steel, while the inner tank is stainless. The inner tank is suspended from the top, allowing the boiler water to completely surround the domestic water tank. The inner tank is also corrugated, allowing it to expand and contract with pressure, thus flexing off any scale that may develop along the way. That is also why there is no bottom drain, as there is no way to allow the drain to move with the tank.

Guy Woollard
    N.E. Regional Sales Mgr
    Triangle Tube Corp.
  • Glenn Sossin_2
    Glenn Sossin_2 Member Posts: 592
    literature

Very well made high quality product. I've been to their facility in NJ 2x. Attachement is the literature. Should answer all your questions
  • Ken_40
    Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
    We found...

they were the same euro manufacturer that makes the Weil McLain Plus Series indirects. Same lifetime warranty and better pricing for the W/M label.

Has any of that changed?
  • william_5
    new ground

thanks all yes i have hade a a tank for over 10 years now very happy with it. we now have healey coils on the roof of our home to heat the pool now what i was thinking was running the pool water throught the other tank heating the water up in the inner tank that in turn would be piped back into then other tank to be used for home hot water needs
    guy i will keep you posted

thanks agan William
  • LarryC
    LarryC Member Posts: 331
    Mixing Stainless Steel and Chlorine

I would be leary of mixing the SS tank with chlorinated water. I believe that will greatly shorten the tank life.

Larry C
  • LarryC
    LarryC Member Posts: 331
    Mixing Stainless Steel and Chlorine

I would be leary of mixing the SS tank with chlorinated water. I believe that will greatly shorten the tank life.

Larry C
  • Glenn Sossin_2
    Glenn Sossin_2 Member Posts: 592
    Weil

Is made under the same roof as the Phase III - a name plate change
This discussion has been closed.