Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

better power venter?

because it's made out of bricks! Never have found one that makes anyone happy.

Comments

• CC.Rob
    CC.Rob Member Posts: 130
    better power venter?

I've got a Field Controls SWG power venter on my boiler. Pretty noisy (noisy in terms of general design and operation; not noisy due to malfunction, age, or lack of routine maintenance). Is there a better/quieter one out there or is this just the nature of the beast?

Thanks.
  • I've never

heard a quiet power venter. Tjernland is noisy as well.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Nick L. in Vt
    Nick L. in Vt Member Posts: 87
    queit power venter?

oxymoron is the correct word. like honest lawyer, responible teenager, reasonable service manager("your not done yet!!!?"). quietest popwerventer on the market is the ones we disconnect after the homeowner has chimney installed/repaired or goes direct lp condenscer

They call me "Hot Pipe"
  • JackFre
    JackFre Member Posts: 225
    If your firng rate

is under 168kbtu the Tjernlund SSII is the quietest out there.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    quiet power venters

The quietest i have installed is the exhausto. Made I think in sweden. Cast aluminum. NOT Cheap. But there is none quieter. Good luck.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    tjerlund ss2

I would have to agree the sideshot 2 is thge quitest i have heard in comparision to others it also enables you to adjust the draft and has a few safety features it should be used with a pre post oil procetor relay and a oil delay valve also it is UL approved up to the maximum firing rate listed and is zero claerance to combustionable like framing and has 2 manual reset hi temp limits .As any draft inducer or power vent they all require maintance and part of the key issue are ease of access to enable routine maintance i believe most fail pre maturly because no one cleans the blower wheels or oils the motors and checks to see when installed that the motor oil ports are facing upward .I have installed a few ss2 and have kept up maintaning them i have had them running up to 5 or 6 years with out any issues peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Ragu_4
    Ragu_4 Member Posts: 44
    Just Wondering...

How many of you folks still have the original SSI's out there? I know of only one around here that is still running.
This discussion has been closed.