Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Quietside heater

Mark_7
Mark_7 Member Posts: 123
Anybody using the Quietside combo heater. Looking for any feed back, looking to use the qvm gas series on an inlaw suite.

Comments

• Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    you would be better off with

a wood stove, a basket, and directions to the wood pile

well that way she might not stay so long!

But seriously;
    I am a little weary of any kind of combo unit, however maybe you will get better qualified opinions from someone who actually installed a few.

Cosmo Valavanis
  • Dof3
    Dof3 Member Posts: 120
    Quietside

I installed one of these and found it to be very unreliable. It is very complicated to set up and it will not produce much hot water on demand. The company reccommends using a holding tank to make up for it's lack of operation. I would never us another. Try a Munchkin and a Super Saver. More money but, you get what you pay for!
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    quiteside

was asked to look at a poorly performing quiteside combo system .The promblem being thewre was not enough hot water i had originally bid the job but i was to high price wise so some one else did a unico with a hydrocoil off the quiteside combo unit the HO got what he deserves in my opion there unit seems more like a on demand hot water heater then a boiler .Spend a little more and go with condensing modulating boiler and a indirect fired hot water tank you will be happier in the long run .Check out buderus and htp munchkin unit they are both good if properly installed peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998

I would even prefer a small conventional boiler and an indirect.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    from what I...

hear most of the problem was w/ sulfur in the oil here in the US. In Korea they don't have that issue thus the problem w/ the burners ...kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.