Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

R 410a

I know the Fujitsu ductless splits need them. I think they may be 1/2" flare to 1/4" flare adapters, available from the dealers.

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    R-410a

Morning All.Hay you wetheads who do residential a/c ,just a reminder,R 410a is out there and it's pressure can be 550 PSIG, special hoses ,special manifold,special care.
  • JackFre
    JackFre Member Posts: 225
    And don't forget...

special international 410A adapters for your gauge set. Without them you may not be able to charge the system. One of the things about the pressures of 410A. No question they are higher, but they are a fraction of what you deal with every day in the nitrogen, oxygen and acetylene cylinders.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    certifacation testing

I have seen lately exams for 410a .I have my refregerant card from testing done in 93 and i have even before that put in a few 410a byrant splits and i am wondering will i have to test for 410 a or is it bull .I have also recently installed some carrier 410a systems with no question asked while i know rheem will not sell with out there certifacation ?will i end up have to get cert for each manafactor ?thanks clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Techman
    R410a

• Techman
    R410a

clammy, the way I understand testing for R-410a is this ;there is no EPA Certification for R-410a.But there is the "Manufacturers Familiarization Classes",Some mfrg's do recognize other mfrg's classes ,some don't.
  • will smith_4
    will smith_4 Member Posts: 259
    Certs

We don't have to get EPA certified for 410 because it's not an ozone depleting gas. You can buy it without a card; not all manufacturers will sell the equipment without their certification-meaning fork over some money for a class. With the difference in pressures, I can't believe Carrier didn't lead the pack and change the size of access fittings for Puron, so you had to have high pressure hoses for it. It won't be long-a rookie with someone's old gauges/hoses will gauge up on a 410 system, plugged condenser, failed fan...700 plus pressure...man, people sue for getting hot coffee. The floodgates will open soon!
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    410-a Safety Certification

There is an R-410a safety certification out there by ESCO, which is not manufacturer specific and seems to be in the good graces of most manufacturers. Although R-410 safety training and certification is presently voluntary, I am quite certain that, at some point in the near future, certification will be required.

I have been contacted by a number of companies to do in-house R-410a safety training and testing, and the frequency of these calls is definitely increasing.

I personally will be training and testing about 100 technicians in the month of May alone.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies ,i haven't really asked any one at the supplies house but i know it's coming soon, i know rheem requires some class attentance but have not been able attend one as of yet .I am fully aware of 410a high pressures but anyone familar with any refregerant system should always be aware of the risks and dangers of dealing with all types of refregerants or any compressed gases .Thanks peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    R-410a safety & certification training and testing

LONG ISLAND CHILLHEADS!

Get your R-410a safety certification!

Training session: Saturday, June 3

Testing date: Thursday, June 8

E-mail for details!
  • jim s_2
    jim s_2 Member Posts: 113

what type of unit needs an adapter?

Just curious because the units I`ve worked on all had 1/4"fittings just like standard A/C systems.
  • Kniggit
    Kniggit Member Posts: 123
    Amana

The first Amana R-410a 13 seer (discontinued) I beleive the model was RSD##XXX was discontinued about two years ago, needed adapters to use standard hoses, maybe some others. None of the newer models feature that connection from Goodman or Amana.
This discussion has been closed.