Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What would you do?

Constantin
Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
... throw cuss words at you, Mad Dog? Wouldn't the 3' pipe wrench attached to your tool belt scare most people away? ;-P

I agree with the others though, so far the situation doesn't make sense. With 100psi of pressure, there should be no flow problems on a ¾" supply.

Comments

• EJW
    EJW Member Posts: 321

I am nearing the end of a bathroom remodel. The customers biggest concern was the pressure in the new shower. I replaced a older 2 handle with a single handle scald guard. I arrived today and found he had taken the new shower head off and replaced it with his old one. I asked how the pressure was. He goes into a screaming rant, f-this and that. I told him that the scald guard unit will decrease his pressure slightly from what he had. He has over 100 lbs. I have spoke to the manufacturer and they claim 4.5 gpm through there faucet. I have now found one that is 6.5gpm that I plan on replacing it with. The plumbing is done and there is some baseboard left to install. I plan on replacing this valve at no charge, making sure he is happy, tell him to find someone else install BB and walking out the door. What would you do?
    This job is T/M.

EJW
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    80 lbs

is max allowed by code without Pressure Reducing Valve. Offer to go underground and locate a Contraband Blaster Magnum 450 like Cramer and Newman had.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,104
    know the feeling

I had done a t& M job and did alot of work re doing all the water,gas and water lies which where all 1/2 .I replaced them with 3/4 installed a prv at the main domestic expansion tank and set it for 80 lbs about less then a week later HO was mad because the safety on the indirect tank had blowen .I replaced it with a xl175 over the 150 amd figured it was ok again got the call by thinking a bit i re check the water main pressure gauge and found it to be ayt 125 psi ,i advised the HO reset the reduceding valve back to 80 ,cleaned there shower heads ,sink aireators and that was that still get complaints about not enough pressure but i assured them at higher pressure they would be replacing faucets and flush valves but no one listened i finally cut my losses andf bid a farewell plus they had jerked me around for over some money also so now they are on there own aside from the water pressure issues they will not have me to service there heating system or do any further work for them .On a side note our town has very high water pressure ranging from a low of about 150 to what i have seen close to 200 .As our host has wrote friends ,realitives and your place of worship are jobs that will not work so i have stopped even looking at work for any one i remotely know but on rare occasions i do i hate to see people getting ripped off but i also hate to see myself working a for nothing .If the guy is that much of a PIA i would let some one else do the baseboard but get you coin first .PeaCE AND GOOD LUCK CLAMMY
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,832
    Is it fed with 3/4\" ?????????????????????????????

I wasn't there...BUT anyone who yells cuss words at me is history. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    The \"flow problem\"

Is probably from the guy's wallet. I've had people complain about anything to delay/avoid payment.

Best one was the restaurant AC job that ended up in lawyer's hands. It was a block from the courthouse and was frequented by all the DA's, PD's, judges, etc. AFTER the job was done. Too damn hot in there before. He paid :)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.